Apple IEMs with two-way balanced armatures...
Sep 12, 2008 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

zazz+54321

New Head-Fier
Apple Store (U.S.) - Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote and Mic

Curious if anyone else is curious about the double driver IEMs that apple is putting out - yes, I know they are made by apple, and yes, they are only 80 bucks - but I'm still curious...
popcorn.gif

Sep 12, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 6
Sep 13, 2008 at 2:06 AM Post #3 of 6
Don't get me wrong, I love Apple, I own a Macbook Pro, several iPods, and use iWork and iLife extensively. That said, Apple is a company that puts its focus on form and functionality, and charges a high price premium to justify that. I love OSX and so I am willing to pay extra for a Macbook Pro. I like iTunes and the GUI of iPods, so I buy that over its competitors.

That said, with Apple's historically high markup, and the fact that this is coming in at $80, I'm betting we have about $20 worth of materials and workmanship in there, if that. Couple that with how bad the stock iPod earbuds sound, and I don't have much hope for this. I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I'm not going to risk $80 to find out. I'll wait for reviews from here, but I'm not sure how many head-fi'ers are even going to take this entry seriously...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back