Apple IEM's very soft?
Dec 11, 2011 at 9:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

PomPWNius

500+ Head-Fier
I ordered a pair of Etymotc HF5's a couple days ago. Waiting for them to ship (Cant wait!) but in the meantime I decided to check my drawer of earbuds... found my pair of Apple In ears that I got on ebay a few years ago. I remember that the reason that these ones broke was because one of the earbuds would randomly get very quiet, so I would turn up the volume, then a few minutes later it would start blasting at full volume. Today when I put them on, I was like "Oh my gosh these are so comfortable". (They were the only in ears that would actually stay in my ear for over 5 minutes, and they were very comfortable). So then I started playing some music and they were going fine. Then I realized I was playing at full volume... If I were in a car using these I would not be able to hear them at all. I dont know why I decided to start this thread actually.... seeing as my hf5's are coming very soon (next wednesday!). Well I guess I will just ask. Are the hf5's as comfortable as the apple iems?

Dec 11, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #2 of 6
ADDIEMs are much more comfortable than the HF5s.  Not to say the HF5s aren't comfortable, but they take some getting used to.

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
ADDIEMs are much more comfortable than the HF5s.  Not to say the HF5s aren't comfortable, but they take some getting used to.

How are they after you get used to them. Also, I was just thinking about it, l dont really care about comfort xD. What I care about is if they will be able to stay in my ear for over 5 minutes without falling out.

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
How are they after you get used to them. Also, I was just thinking about it, l dont really care about comfort xD. What I care about is if they will be able to stay in my ear for over 5 minutes without falling out.

Etymotics are inserted deeply...  And that is an understatement.  So they won't fall out, like ever :p  After you are used to them, they are comfortable.  Not like pillows for your ears comfortable, but comfortable nonetheless.  They can take anywhere from a few days to a week to get used to.

Dec 11, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #5 of 6
The Etymotic HF5 are very comfortable and won't fall out but the soundquality were the main difference. The Etymotic HF5 are very detailed(more than ADDIEMs) and offers more isolation, the ADDIEMs don't insert deep as HF5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back