Apple IEM
Dec 3, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #18 of 117
Oh, my mistake then. I didn't know there were any distinctions there.

Dec 4, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #19 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple will sell a bunch of them because they're Apple brand and dumb people equate "Apple" to "good hardware experience".

Is that a fact? I'm an Apple fan, but I research before I buy their stuff. If the new IEMs get good reviews I'll buy them, not because they're white, or because they're Apple, but because they have the in line remote control and better sound quality (supposedly). I don't give a sh!t if people see me in white headphones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inmotion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...i'm interested in listening to them whenever i get a chance to hit the apple store.

What makes you think you can try out an IEM before you buy? I doubt Apple wants you exchanging ear wax with other people.

Dec 4, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #20 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by hierobryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that a fact? I'm an Apple fan, but I research before I buy their stuff. If the new IEMs get good reviews I'll buy them, not because they're white, or because they're Apple, but because they have the in line remote control and better sound quality (supposedly). I don't give a sh!t if people see me in white headphones.

What makes you think you can try out an IEM before you buy? I doubt Apple wants you exchanging ear wax with other people.

Your experience is completely invalid unless you consider yourself dumb
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #21 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your experience is completely invalid unless you consider yourself dumb
wink.gif

My experience? I didn't write about an experience, you ass.

Dec 4, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #22 of 117
Sorry I'm trying to make an allusion to his post, in which he says that dumb people will buy the in-ears without research. Not that all people who buy it are dumb or don't research it, but that there WILL be those people. And your own procedures? don't really matter to his post unless you consider yourself dumb or severely misinformed.

It wasn't really intended to be an insult or a derogatory comment :\

Dec 4, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #23 of 117
i wont be surprised if these are only up to par with the 20-23 dollar JVC FX66 air cushions. apple has a ton of marketing and advertising put into there products so ppl would definantly still pay 80 bucks for them because they think apple is #1 in anything they come out with.

Dec 4, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #24 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisco82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a dual driver IEM for $79? Something must not be kosher. That, or the usual suspects will have to lower their prices! Ha!

Inside you will find the "new" knowles hifi dual driver (TWFK-30017-000 NEW Hi-Fi FK receiver (Tweeter/Woofer FK); extended low-frequency and high-frequency performance). I guess it's price around $20 each. BUT, with the quanty apples buy's, it should be no surprise if it drops to a few dollars...

So, yes, the others are overpriced. That's why there is such a boom in brands overing B.A.D. (balanced armature driver) headphones, there a some hefty profits to make. (think of that $1100 UE11pro). What's not included in the price is packaging, dealer margins, R&D. But the bigger the company and the volume of created headphones, the lower the mentioned items cost per headphone.

So it helps if your as big as apple....
Edit: disconfirmed by PM, it's not the twfk

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #25 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by inmotion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my stance: don't bash before you try.

at 70$ these may not be badly priced and i'm interested in listening to them whenever i get a chance to hit the apple store.

I agree 100%. Remember, nobody has a chance to review these IEM's yet, and it has the potential to be a major steal if the sound quality is top-notch. In fact, I wouldn't surprised if the sound quality is somewhere between the Audio-Technica ATH-CK7 and the Shure SE310.

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #26 of 117
Apple In-Ear Headphones hands-on, ears-on, and impressions - Engadget

Imagine our surprise, then, at the discovery that they not only sound really, really good (warm lows and crisp highs, a distinct lack of that modern, pushy mid-range), but they do work with the iPhone (the 3G we've got here, at least). Regular playback is a charm, and we had no problem making and receiving calls with the buds and attached mic -- though strangely the remote doesn't seem operable on the phone, thus deflating our excitement ever-so-slightly. Regardless, the sound quality is pretty boss for the price (besting other, more expensive models we've checked out), and they're a huge step up from Apple's previous offerings.

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #27 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by giga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple In-Ear Headphones hands-on, ears-on, and impressions - Engadget

Imagine our surprise, then, at the discovery that they not only sound really, really good (warm lows and crisp highs, a distinct lack of that modern, pushy mid-range), but they do work with the iPhone (the 3G we've got here, at least). Regular playback is a charm, and we had no problem making and receiving calls with the buds and attached mic -- though strangely the remote doesn't seem operable on the phone, thus deflating our excitement ever-so-slightly. Regardless, the sound quality is pretty boss for the price (besting other, more expensive models we've checked out), and they're a huge step up from Apple's previous offerings.

I just saw this as well.

Sounds promising.

But the fact that they are white and made by Apple (and everyone will eventually have a pair) will most likely keep me away from them.

Same is for the iPhone/iPod. Great products but too trendy for my tastes.

Dec 4, 2008 at 5:26 PM Post #28 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apple will sell a bunch of them because they're Apple brand and dumb people equate "Apple" to "good hardware experience".

hahahahahah thats funny yeah 80% of the worlds graphic designers (perhaps nore) more than half of the pro music producers mucho more than half. many of the worlds best education institutions, scientific modelers, animators over 80% of the DAP market....heheheheheheheh nah they dont make good hardware its all hype
tongue.gif
the their headphone till this point HAVE sucked there's no doubt about that; the weakest link in a good line of products; but a statement like that is just plain ridiculous IMO

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #29 of 117
Jelle, I didn't think much about the economies of scale that Apple would have when bargaining for the cost of their drivers, but that makes sense. I just hope they don't sound as lifeless as 1 particular dual driver IEM cough custom-3 cough

Dec 4, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #30 of 117
Quote:

Originally Posted by schneller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just saw this as well.

Sounds promising.

But the fact that they are white and made by Apple (and everyone will eventually have a pair) will most likely keep me away from them.

Same is for the iPhone/iPod. Great products but too trendy for my tastes.

I have to say, I've never understood this sentiment personally. Why should what other people have effect your judgment for what you like?

So what if everyone else has em? I just don't get it I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back