Apple HomePod

Is the HomePod from Apple a high end speaker?

• Total voters
Jan 29, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 6
This question caught my attention. It was posted a few years ago but it is still pertinent today. I am a huge fan of the Apple HomePod. I now have six in total in my house. Eventually I will have nine I think. I have a stereo pair in my living room and another pair in my bedroom. I'm planning a home theatre in a separate room and I think I'll have a stereo pair for that. Then, finally, I will have one in my garage.

I find the quality of the sound from the HomePod to be really superb actually. I don't know if I'd say they are "high end" because I haven't compared them with "high end" stuff. However I think the HomePod really is such superb quality for the price. I have had many hi fi systems over the years which weren't "high end" but they were very good and the HomePods are better in most respects than the best old fashioned style Hi Fi that I have built up myself.

May 26, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 6
This question caught my attention. It was posted a few years ago but it is still pertinent today. I am a huge fan of the Apple HomePod. I now have six in total in my house. Eventually I will have nine I think. I have a stereo pair in my living room and another pair in my bedroom. I'm planning a home theatre in a separate room and I think I'll have a stereo pair for that. Then, finally, I will have one in my garage.

I find the quality of the sound from the HomePod to be really superb actually. I don't know if I'd say they are "high end" because I haven't compared them with "high end" stuff. However I think the HomePod really is such superb quality for the price. I have had many hi fi systems over the years which weren't "high end" but they were very good and the HomePods are better in most respects than the best old fashioned style Hi Fi that I have built up myself.
I love mine :relieved: I've got them playing together with Devilaet Phantoms, making an orchestra that's out of this world! I've got some nice head gear too and my speakers are just as musical! I just can't stop adding speakers everywhere haha.

May 26, 2021 at 5:09 PM Post #4 of 6
No. Not even approaching high end. Low end of mid-fi at best - better than most Bluetooth speakers, but nothing compared with proper tower speakers or even most powered monitors.

Don't get me wrong, they don't sound /bad/ by any stretch, and the ease of use is great. There's nothing wrong with enjoying them. But they aren't hi-fi.

May 26, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #5 of 6
No. Not even approaching high end. Low end of mid-fi at best - better than most Bluetooth speakers, but nothing compared with proper tower speakers or even most powered monitors.

Don't get me wrong, they don't sound /bad/ by any stretch, and the ease of use is great. There's nothing wrong with enjoying them. But they aren't hi-fi.
While they aren't hi-end I think they are hi-fi, if they aren't hi-fi then I would wonder what is meant by hi-fi?

I think they are placed somewhere in the mid-fi category, however they excel in some areas really so very well. They don't do everything right, but they do so much right.

For the money the sound quality is stunning. It is such a shame they were discontinued by Apple. I think it illustrates unfortunately that in the general wider consumer market for audio products sound quality doesn't count for very much.

What Hi Fi gave them a very good review, one which describes their strengths very well.

May 26, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 6
While they aren't hi-end I think they are hi-fi, if they aren't hi-fi then I would wonder what is meant by hi-fi?

I think they are placed somewhere in the mid-fi category, however they excel in some areas really so very well. They don't do everything right, but they do so much right.

For the money the sound quality is stunning. It is such a shame they were discontinued by Apple. I think it illustrates unfortunately that in the general wider consumer market for audio products sound quality doesn't count for very much.

What Hi Fi gave them a very good review, one which describes their strengths very well.

Okay, fair enough - "hi-fi" is a vague and silly term. And again - I'm not saying the HomePod is bad... But do I think you can get better sound for $300 (or if considering a pair, $600)? Without question. Literally doesn't matter what you want the $600 alternative setup to do better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back