Apple ear pods
Jan 1, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #16 of 21
The new Earpods are so much better then the older earbuds.  If you really want to hear how good they can sound check out the Dirac HD Player App. I loaded it on my iPod Touch 4G and I was astonished by the improvement in the sound of both the older earbud's and the new earpods.  It works just as well on other iOS-6 devices, so if you have an iPad go for it
biggrin.gif
  There is one issue with this DSP app iOS-6 prevents this app from playing tracks that have been downloaded from iTunes. Music from any other source is fine. Dirac is working on it.  Dirac Research does the audio DSP work for the sound systems in Aston Martins, Bentley Motors,  Rolls Royce, etc

http://www.dirac.se/en/consumer-products/dirac-hd-player.aspx

Jan 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #18 of 21
This an App not an amp' a digital signal processor with software that is specifically designed for the Apple Earbuds, and Earpods.   I have also tried it with JVC earphones and it works well with them too.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jan 1, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #21 of 21
I recently tried the apple earpods and they're not bad. They're a bit bass boosted and they fall out a lot but nothing else to complain about.
They fit perfect for me and never fall out. I think it's something of luck, since they only come in one size. They fit many people perfectly, but for those who they don't fit, it ruins the experience, unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back