Apple buying Beats?
May 10, 2014 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

StratocasterMan

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/09/tech/mobile/apple-beats-sound/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

May 10, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #2 of 5
Yeah I saw that this morning. Apple begins is slide back into the Scully years in a big way here. A company known (for good or bad) for it's design and innovation prowess about to buy style over substance headphone maker.

Somebody there didn't get the memo about the 'Mission Statement"

May 10, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #3 of 5
  Yeah I saw that this morning. Apple begins is slide back into the Scully years in a big way here. A company known (for good or bad) for it's design and innovation prowess about to buy style over substance headphone maker.

Somebody there didn't get the memo about the 'Mission Statement"

Apple already know how to make disappointing 'phones, so why buy Beats? 
wink.gif

May 10, 2014 at 7:19 AM Post #4 of 5
iPhone has been losing market share for awhile in the phone market. iTunes sales are declining.

Apple completely missed the boat on the headphone market. They have no presence in the headphone market.

Now, streaming is the future. It may be a smart move for Apple, because they are trying to get into the headphone market they missed and trying to fortify their presence in streaming.

The future is streaming. Apple already made a huge mistake in the headphone market, but that's small potatoes. They can't afford to miss the market in streaming.

May 11, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #5 of 5
  iPhone has been losing market share for awhile in the phone market. iTunes sales are declining.

Apple completely missed the boat on the headphone market. They have no presence in the headphone market.

Now, streaming is the future. It may be a smart move for Apple, because they are trying to get into the headphone market they missed and trying to fortify their presence in streaming.

The future is streaming. Apple already made a huge mistake in the headphone market, but that's small potatoes. They can't afford to miss the market in streaming.

Well I sure hope Apple doesn't adopt the Beats streaming app. GUI. Really, "I'm feeling lonely, at a party, in a subway, with my friends".......Tiny Tim Playlist comes up :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back