Apple AirPods Pro And NEW AirPods Pro 2nd Gen (from 23 Sep 2022) - Impressions
Sep 26, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #482 of 979
The volume/touch interface is in the wrong place making pressure in pulling out the APM from the ears. It should be on the outside so you press them in.

What a terrible design decision which no reviewer had realised.

Sep 26, 2022 at 3:25 AM Post #483 of 979
The volume/touch interface is in the wrong place making pressure in pulling out the APM from the ears. It should be on the outside so you press them in.

It’s on the front facing inside “edge.” Basically a flat patch on the cylinder of the stem. I also think it would have made more sense to position it facing out instead of forward. But to tell the truth, after using it for a while I’m kind of getting the hang of it. I use my thumb to stabilize the stem while I swipe. I’ve found that it’s far harder to use just a finger.

Sep 26, 2022 at 4:46 AM Post #484 of 979
chrome_screenshot_2022. 9. 26. 오후 5시 39분 51초 GMT+09_00~2.png

Shall we look forward to something to come?

Sep 26, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #487 of 979
I can see in your signature you have the DT1770PRO which has superb sub-base. I was surprised owning that you think the Base hits hard on APM. To me it is barely anything there.

I cannot use these for music listening as sound is so inferior compared to AirPod MAX.

My use case is listening to Audiobooks whilst cleaning and walking.
I think the APP2 is tuned darker than DT1770Pro and with more bass impact. 1770 pro are neutral to my ears where APP2 are somewhat on the darker side. I can't believe you say there is barely anything there?!?!? Are you sure you get a seal at all?

Sep 26, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #488 of 979

This gesture also irritates me. It is almost impossible to grab the stems on both sides when they are in my ear.
Specially when I am in the gym or out running and I have sweat on my hands. It is much easier to adjust the volume on the old-fashioned way on the watch or on phone than using the new swipe gesture.

Sep 26, 2022 at 9:06 AM Post #489 of 979
This gesture also irritates me. It is almost impossible to grab the stems on both sides when they are in my ear.
Specially when I am in the gym or out running and I have sweat on my hands. It is much easier to adjust the volume on the old-fashioned way on the watch or on phone than using the new swipe gesture.
It so surprising that all these YouTube reviewers don’t have the insight to critique this design catastrophe.

Remove a headphone jack and they cry, but something like this they are too scared or just not really using them daily.

Sep 26, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #490 of 979
It so surprising that all these YouTube reviewers don’t have the insight to critique this design catastrophe.

Remove a headphone jack and they cry, but something like this they are too scared or just not really using them daily.
I have to say I’ve had no issues with the gesture and find it works really well - this despite being someone who had fit issues with the APP1 (although oddly the APP2 seem fine and quite secure). I’d definitely view this as a strong design feature and not a misstep. Certainly better than the ‘tap and hold’ approach other buds have used.

I tend to use a thumb to support the back of the bulb and my forefinger for the swipe gesture. It feels quite natural after a while of using it IMO.

Sep 26, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #491 of 979
I have to say I’ve had no issues with the gesture and find it works really well - this despite being someone who had fit issues with the APP1 (although oddly the APP2 seem fine and quite secure). I’d definitely view this as a strong design feature and not a misstep. Certainly better than the ‘tap and hold’ approach other buds have used.
Same. I’m not sure what changed with the tips, but the stock L ones fit snugly now whereas I struggled to keep them in place with the 1st generation pair.

Sep 26, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #492 of 979
I passed the fit test with S,M, And L stock tips. Didn’t try XS but I feel like I probably could’ve passed with those too. Not too impressed with that test.

Nevertheless, the stock tips don’t give me that secure seal feeling. Bought the CharJen memory foam tips from Amazon and have been using those the last 2 days. Fit feels secure and sound seems a bit better, though difficult to do a quick A/B. They have just a little memory foam but still have a silicone cover so at first glance they look like the OEM tips.

Here’s the link in case people are curious.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D8NY25S?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Sep 26, 2022 at 10:35 AM Post #493 of 979

I tend to use a thumb to support the back of the bulb and my forefinger for the swipe gesture. It feels quite natural after a while of using it IMO.

This is exactly my opinion in every word you saying.

If one company is probably doing a lot of design research and, of course, others areas, I think Apple is probably number 1 or 2. This isn't meaning Apple is 100% correct always (you know very well the AirPods Max having different problems for me and I returning to Apple for the sound quality not so good for me and for other problems like earpads and volume wheel) and is true that even a 'perfect' design will not working for 100% of the people.

I'm sure that with the volume feature Apple team in APP 2 is discussing different options and deciding for the best or less bad when considering the complete product. With the vents, the shape and other important aspects, is really very difficult thinking of alternative. Outside the stem instead of inside? I don't sure this is best option, specially when you having all others features also inside the stem. For me IEMs with pushing button for volume isn't great. And for me the best volume feature is in the MW08 (and MW07 Plus before), but the MW08/MW07 don't having other excellent important features APP 2 having.

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #494 of 979
For me spatial audio (fixed) is great for films and podcasts and normal stereo always for music. This is for my iPhone 14 Pro and MacBook 16” M1.

Spatial audio for music is making a lot of my music sounding wrong.
Spatial is interesting but I'm not a fan

Sep 26, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #495 of 979
Spatial is interesting but I'm not a fan

Maybe my post you quoting isn't clear. I'm NOT fan of spatial audio for music, either, and I think the majority of the time, for music, normal stereo is sounding definitely better. BUT for podcasts I really love spatial audio a lot more than normal stereo, and same is true for films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back