Apple a Thief? Who would'a guessed
Sep 24, 2008 at 10:14 PM Post #46 of 52
Personally I don't care who makes the DAP, I'll buy the one that is best for me. I think (and this piece of news just reinforce such a belief) that the more people who are trying to make good DAPs, the better value for money I'll get.

Edit: aluren, just because they're unlikely to lose their position anytime soon doesn't mean they're can't face competition. If they were, they'd have given everyone 4gb at the price of the current 8gb, and 8gb at the price of the current 16gb. Don't think Jobs would voluntarily slash his profits like that, do you?

Sep 25, 2008 at 3:13 AM Post #47 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Personally I don't care who makes the DAP, I'll buy the one that is best for me. I think (and this piece of news just reinforce such a belief) that the more people who are trying to make good DAPs, the better value for money I'll get.

Edit: aluren, just because they're unlikely to lose their position anytime soon doesn't mean they're can't face competition. If they were, they'd have given everyone 4gb at the price of the current 8gb, and 8gb at the price of the current 16gb. Don't think Jobs would voluntarily slash his profits like that, do you?

I agree. No matter how great Apple may be, if they don't lead or at least keep up they will not be at the top for long.

Sep 25, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by moshel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i feel the poster is either a microsoft fanboy or an Apple hater

You really shouldn't go about saying things without know a person. Starting out threads about certain companies or products doesn't necessarily means that the person is pro company or not. It's a conversation. If one wants to participate then they would be able to give some constructive criticism or opinion. But to say such as you did really doesn't help out or make a decent conversation. Read before posting such comments. If you would like to contribute or add an opinion, then you should read and understand the conversation before posting.

Hope that helps.

Sep 26, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #49 of 52
Okay, now see, this is what I mean when a product has what you need. I love the Zunes and when they showed off the new blue flash Zune I wanted one really badly and just think it is the sweetest looking piece of kit MS put out. But when it all comes down to the logical choice, I chose this:

IMG_0787.jpg

I chose the Nano because of the LOC. I was an informed consumer who made a purchase decision not based on emotion and sentimentality or any kind of loyalty, but rather based purely on logic. The Nano provides the best sound quality of the two because of the LOC. Apple doesn't hinder the use of the LO in the iPods and Microsoft maliciously does hinder it. If the LO was usable as conveniently as that of the Nano, I would have chosen the blue Zune flash because I like the looks much better than the Nano.

It all boils down to who offers the features that are desired.

Sep 27, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #50 of 52
And a nice color may I add. I saw it in person and I have an Envy the same color. Which of course goes with my Phins Jersey.

biggrin.gif

They don't look bad. Apple has a nice thing going. it's just that "picky" people want to tear it apart. I'm going for a LG Dare now instead of the iPhone, but I'll purchase the iTouch. Why, because of the providers. If iPhone would've been with Verizon then I would've been all over it.

Not all like Apple and others, but that's what makes it all so fun or original. We all have different tastes and that's what important. I don't care if you or other like what I like, but I like to share opinions and experiences.

That's what Head-Fi should be.

Not about you should or not and shouldn't.

We all have our different tastes and some might have the same "EXACT" feelings we have, but the originality and pure experience is from our own. So don't go by what I or many around here say. Go by what you feel.

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #51 of 52
It's turning out to be a great acquisition. The sound quality seems to be better than the Nano 3G and there are a lot of extra features. It feels good, looks good and sounds good but the main thing I was after was the LOC ability and if the Zune had it, i would have chose one of those. I like the looks and feel of the flash Zunes better and that blue is really great.

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #52 of 52
I have a slightly OT question. I just got a refurb 160GB. My old iPod was an 80GB from one version older than the 160GB. My old iPod, Shuffle Songs would shuffle based on my shuffle setting, which is by albums. The new iPod always shuffles by songs. It does shuffle by album if I play a playlist or hit play on the entire library. Am I doing something wrong or is this a new feature of the iPods? Lousy feature IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back