App for Audiophiles
Jun 1, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #6 of 10
Whats everyone's opinion on the Onkyo player app?

Jun 1, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #7 of 10
With the new Poweramp alpha, all other players have become absoleete in either ui or audio quality. Although, audio quality primarily depends on source file, amp/dac, and most importantly (imo) the transducers themselves. I've noticed VERY slight sound differences in players (if flat eq/no sound processing are taken into account). In reality it all depends on your equipment. The only reason I created this thread was because I got bored with Poweramp since ive had it for about 4 years. It still remains the top player yet. Congrats to you Maxmp for developing such an enduring player. :beerchug:

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:08 AM Post #9 of 10
Haha, I can understand that. I don't use the UI much (in the sense that I queue one thing once and never look at it, have disabled anything related to cover art, etc.). It plays and pauses when I plug and unplug a device.

My only minor gripe is that it wants to play my full library automatically when the queue is empty, or even sometimes when the queue hasn't played once yet. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's really confusing.

I haven't found other applications with scrobbling + replaygain + crossfeed (the Meier/bs2b thing, not crossfade) though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back