Apogee Mini-Dac WOW!
Apr 3, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #61 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since when is anyone here a "casual" listener? And if you were, would you be purchasing a Mini-DAC????
confused.gif

i mean as opposed to using the mini-dac for studio recording purposes.

Apr 3, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #62 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it does if you use balanced HD 650. I even preferred the Mini-Dac XLR with balanced HD 650 over a single-ended HD 650 connected to a Corda Opera. I posted some impressions in the meet forum some time ago.

x2. but i think the poster was referring to single-ended use for the mini dac, using its built in headphone amp.

Apr 5, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #63 of 70
Has anyone tried the K701 balanced directly out of an Apogee Mini-DAC (or DAC1, DA10). I have read in a few places that low impedance cans don't work as well balanced when connected directly to the DAC. If this is true, why is this so?

Thanks for any responses.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 14, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #66 of 70
  What do you mean by 'valid'? I had a mini-dac some years ago and remember it to be a great performer.

You need to have the firewire board. It takes the minidac to a whole new level.

Hi and sorry English is not my language
I meant good sounding 
I am going to use a usb to AES/EBU converter with my win 7 pc, the Gustard U12.  It is a very handy device and works ok.
But i will also use the spdif and optical link to find the best solution of course.
I need and headphone amp and this looks serious.
What do you think ?  
Thanks a lot, gino 

Feb 14, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #67 of 70
Of course the device is quite enjoyable as a whole though you can always do better with a decent heaphone amp. 

I can't comment on the gustard but i tried using a m2tech hiface evo and found the firewire interface the better option.

Feb 14, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #68 of 70
  Of course the device is quite enjoyable as a whole though you can always do better with a decent heaphone amp. 

I can't comment on the gustard but i tried using a m2tech hiface evo and found the firewire interface the better option.

Hi and thanks a lot again
Unfortunately this unit has the usb port but there are no drivers for windows 7 that i know
and i have a win 7 pc here
So i have to rely on one of the digital inputs on the mini-dac.   I prefer the AES/EBU because is a pro port. 
The unit will come with the patch cable ... i hope
Enjoyable will do just fine for now 
And Apogee is a big name in the pro sector ... i think that the construction quality is pretty high 
Thanks a lot again
Kind regards, gino 

Feb 14, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #70 of 70
Hi and thanks again
Actually i am also buying a Rosetta 200 converter for my stereo rig ... a good friend knows it and has recommended it to me quite highly.
As i am using the pc as the source i will need another interface by the way.
Kindest regards, gino .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back