Apogee mini-DAC vs Apogee Duet - the shootout begins.
Aug 18, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #17 of 23
Wow!!! I got a great deal on a Duet last week so I jumped on it. Today it arrived and all I can say is Wow!! My DT150 are singing now! I suspected my Corda Move did not have enough juice to drive them properly. That coupled with the great DAC of the Duet and I am a happy dude! Anybody want my Corda Move?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.khali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow!!! I got a great deal on a Duet last week so I jumped on it. Today it arrived and all I can say is Wow!! My DT150 are singing now! I suspected my Corda Move did not have enough juice to drive them properly. That coupled with the great DAC of the Duet and I am a happy dude! Anybody want my Corda Move?
smily_headphones1.gif

I think I've earned a free Corda Move. PM me for my address
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.khali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL! Thanks again for showing me the light!
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, at least please post your impressions of the Duet vs Move after you have spent some time listening to it.
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 10:36 AM Post #23 of 23
I would recommend the mini-DAC. I was in the same conondrum as many others, weighing the pros and cons of the two for months before finally deciding. One factor you really should consider is this:

* What if your Mac breaks down, and all you're left with is your brother's / wife's / a spare PC?

It has happened to me, and I've now gone 2 months without my dear laptop; it is still "being repaired". The mini-DAC is just a lot more versatile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back