Apogee Duet - who is not impressed because of software limitations?
Mar 16, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #17 of 22
I'm kind of bummed the macbook air cant run this; I've been debating picking one up.
frown.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 5:15 AM Post #18 of 22
Theres probably a way to hack cygwin with coreaudio's linux port to get this working. Or maybe in a native linux enviornment. Anyone have a duet who is willing to lend it out for science?

Mar 20, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopstretch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many different ways can it be stated? The Duet is a pro device aimed at a market segment that pretty much only uses Apple's Logic Studio. The hardware was specifically designed around the software. Bitching about its lack of support for other platforms is like complaining that your coffee machine refuses to brew beer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Instead of crying, work on a port for core audio.

Hm. So Duet is made for Apple's Logic Studio. Well that leaves us 'nice' PC users in dust.

I'll get working on finding me a programmer to put Core simulation on my Vista =] ...

Aug 23, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #20 of 22
hi
The Duet is still a modern device nowadays after many searches i concluded the DUET ia also a very reasonable priced unit to digitize my cherished vinyl Lps via an analogue phone amp on my computers hdd.

Not for ugly mp3 compression but for .flac files. And yes i do not have an apple or mac ( work related)

If i only need the DUET to digitize two analogue line in into wavs is that not possible with a PC?

Aug 24, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #21 of 22
You can't use the DUET on a PC.
The EMU 0404(USB) is a card that does work on PC and there are hundreds of other pro soundcard options too.

Aug 24, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #22 of 22
thx pAAJ

But I really need a high high end Sound quality to be the source of my triode tube based setup and most others under 700 dollars have a standard clock and not the best jitter specs.) For some reason I intuitively accept the Duet sounds way better than its price suggests

Users who are viewing this thread

Back