Apogee Digital Cable
Jan 23, 2008 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

gtortorella

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone tried the Apogee digital cable?...I believe it is called the Wyde-Eye. I would appreciate any comments.

Jan 24, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #2 of 8
I have it. It looks and feels nice and it's true 75 ohm, even the connectors, which is not always the case.
Anyway, I don't really believe in expensive digital cables, as long as they're well built and have a matching impedance. Before I had it, I used an expensive analog interconnect to connect my Mini-Dac to my C542, because the Wyde-Eye was still on order. I guess impedances didn't match, but still, I couldn't hear a difference to be honest. I must admit it did not try hard to hear it either.
Conclusion: I find it a good cable and it's not too expensive. You can't really go wrong. It's flexible too.

Jan 24, 2008 at 8:06 PM Post #3 of 8
I thank you for the reply, Michgelsen.

Any other opinions on this cable?

Jan 26, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michgelsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you ever used them for analog? If so, how do they perform that way?

no, sorry. they're not made for analog anyway, though probably won't have much of a difference. shielding might be a little different between analog and digital versions, but not sure. if you're looking for analog cables, i would recommend getting something else. but for digital go for it--they're relatively inexpensive, and used in plenty of pro studios.

Jan 27, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #7 of 8
I have used Apogee Wyde eye digital cable (both S/PDF and AES/EBU (balanced). Supposedly used in professsional applications and quite reasonably priced. But I have discovered that this cable has a very dark sound signature. I am currently using Kubala Sosna Anticipation digital cable in my home theater and find that it is much more open sounding and still reasonably priced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back