apod touch or zune 80. please help... im very confused
Jun 27, 2008 at 2:37 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by neverover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^wow, thx for the insight. but skullcandy are IEM, right? iem gives a very punchy bass, but the last time i used it, i get a lock jaw (i cant open my mouth, seriously...)
i know cowon, and i liked it very much. but the biggest capacity are 16gb. i have 30gb of files. besides, my brother in law has cowon (forgot the type, but its the 1st cowon, kinda archos like, big screen and A, B, C buttons), and it has a slow UI n crash often...

the skullcrushers are not IEM. Here is the cnet review . They have a subwoofer in each speaker, two driver each sides, one for the ''normal'' frequency and another for the frequencys that are under 20 Hz ( the subwoofer ). You feel the skin of your cheeks shaking in the bassiest song ( especialy the Linkin park songs and in the hip hop songs like ''like this'' by ''Mims'', that song is sooooo crazy on these headphones ), if you want bass, these headphone are realy crazy. I know they're very ugly on pics but they're kind of nice in real. Here is a picture : ( you have to like that style with the skull, but the brand is skullcandy so... )
MemlwK4FUA49yVklhU3IEb-30.image.jpg

P.S. I said that the sound was not so definied, i was comparing them to headphones that are twice the price, these sounds realy nice. The sound is a little bit less definied than the bose supra but nothing big, and they are a lot bassier, but the bose supra are 149 $ and the skullcrushers 50 $ so that's a realy good deal.

I rode that if you were breaking them when doing sports, it's under waranty, they want their clients to make sports lol, that's another point, bose or any other brand would never do that.

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #17 of 23
^hmm, i dont think i can handle anymore headphones. its very heavy for a long time use. right now, im in love with my yuin pk3. nothing can break my love
smily_headphones1.gif
. besides, i live in indonesia. i guess its kinda hard to find it. but i really like it. ill think bout it.
about the buttons, im not the kind of guy who use my dap in a midnight subway, skool, etc. i mainly use it in my room, cars. so, no problem bout it. as long as its working.

Jun 29, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #18 of 23
umm... one more question bout ipod touch. what is rockbox? its a FW? and about jailbreaking it, will it void the warranty? does snes emulator in it means u can play final fantasy 6? u can save game? is it possible for multitasking, downloading some of my schoolband track on zshare+play track+playing GBA games?
thx guys

Jun 29, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by neverover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
umm... one more question bout ipod touch. what is rockbox? its a FW? and about jailbreaking it, will it void the warranty? does snes emulator in it means u can play final fantasy 6? u can save game? is it possible for multitasking, downloading some of my schoolband track on zshare+play track+playing GBA games?
thx guys

Rockbox is a firmware, though I don't know anything more about it.

Jailbreaking technically will void your warranty, but it's completely reversable. In other words, if you jailbreak your touch, but need to send it in for repairs, just flash it back to the original firmware, and you're back in warranty status.

The SNES emulator will allow you to save games, it does work with Final Fantasy 6, and it runs a bit slow. I didn't find it to be worthwhile considering the huge hassle involved, personally.

It's not a good idea to try to multitask while running any games emulator; it would at least be unstable, and at most crash your iPod. I've had to restart a few times myself because of multitasking with jailbreak apps.

Jun 29, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trastan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Rockbox is a firmware, though I don't know anything more about it.

it's a firmware that add a couple games, utilities and things like that, but you can't install it on an iPod touch, and anyway, if you can jailreak it, why Rockboxing it ? Jailbreaking it adds a lot more than rockboxing it.

here is their web site : Rockbox - Open Source Jukebox Firmware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back