APL Hi-Fi Philips SACD1000 Modification a steal at $1850?
May 2, 2004 at 7:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tortie

Headphoneus Supremus
Stereo times has just released a review of a modded SACD1000. They were favorably comparing it to a Meitner!
eek.gif

" ...Side by side the APL SACD 1000 gives up very little to the Meitner, especially as one ascends the food chain into hi-rez realms. Listening to DADs and SACDs is every bit as magical as when using the Meitner."

" The audio quality of the APL SACD1000 ranks right up there with the very best digital source components. "

May 2, 2004 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 4
The stock phillips Sacd 1000 is a excellant sounding player. I have one ,they do have reliability problems that can be fixed. I have read many good things about Alex's mod and was considering having my stock one modded by alex having heard how good the stock one sounds.
In the end I picked up the Meitner setup and am listening to it now with My Headamp KGSS /he90 setup. I am even considering sending my stock unit to alex and have it modded for a secound system as I am so impressed with the player.
orphsmile.gif

May 4, 2004 at 4:51 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by bozebuttons
In the end I picked up the Meitner setup and am listening to it now with My Headamp KGSS /he90 setup:

You have a Meitner setup?!
eek.gif

If you dont mind me asking boze, how much did the thing cost you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back