Apheared 47
Jul 31, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 6
I have that webpage archived, PM me with valid email address if you want it emailed or a download link (don't know if Benjamin Feist wants an online mirror of it so I won't post it in public).

You can also enter the URL into Google to see Google's cached text on that page (takes a while to load though). example

Aug 1, 2005 at 12:48 PM Post #4 of 6
What does the Buffer do exactly, the BUF634T, I pretty much understand whats going on in the circuit except for the buffer.

Aug 1, 2005 at 1:19 PM Post #5 of 6
That buffer is supposed to improve the virtual ground by being able to push more current than the TLE by itself.

However, if you use large enough power caps (C2+ and C2- in that linked thread) the buffer won't make much of an improvement, IMHO. The current will be drawn from the caps for the most parts anyway.

see this article for more info: http://www.tangentsoft.net/elec/vgrounds.html

Aug 1, 2005 at 5:48 PM Post #6 of 6
One other thing the buffer does is isolate it a lot more from power supply noise. I was getting fairly buzz-free sound when running one straight off a basic unregulated wall-wart. Later I removed the BUF634 and left rest 100% same and same wall-wart was obviously buzzin' it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back