Apature Accusound Silver BL-4 interconnects
Nov 7, 2001 at 10:12 AM Post #16 of 24
Hi Jim,

220 Oz is about 110 US thanks to poor exchange rates
frown.gif

You could prob get the cable cheaper in the states.
Ive had the bl4's for about a week now
smily_headphones1.gif
Just testing them out to see if I should buy it or not. Trevor Wilson is a top dude
smily_headphones1.gif

If you like I can tell you how it sounds
smily_headphones1.gif
but it will be in reference to my Jaycar interconnects.

Hi Ross,

Yep Ive got your mail
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll have to think about it. Ive been spending alot lately. If I get the bl4's I wont have much cash left
frown.gif
Do you mind if I hear how it sounds before I buy? I havent heard it before. Im using something from Supra atm ($5/m).

Nov 8, 2001 at 2:10 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally posted by Ctn
Is there a link to that article?

Uh, no, it's in the current issue.

Nov 8, 2001 at 6:34 AM Post #18 of 24
thanks Ctn! Currently, I'm looking for used cables, cause they're a lot cheaper and probably not too much different than buying a new one and burning it in.
smily_headphones1.gif
Unfortunately, I'm having some trouble finding these... I wonder how these would compare to something like Home Grown Audio Super Silver 2s?

Nov 8, 2001 at 7:39 AM Post #19 of 24
I havent heard the Home Grown Audio Super Silver 2s but I would imagine it to be very similar in sound. Of all the cables I tried, I only heard very very small differences except the cheap cheap cables
smily_headphones1.gif

One thing I dont get is how does cables give you "greater soundstage" over some other cables. From what I see its an illusion caused by increased treble and midrange.

I think money is better spent else where imo.

Nov 8, 2001 at 7:41 AM Post #20 of 24
Oh btw !! If you really want some good quality cables get some Jaycar Concord interconnects. Very close to the Apature bl4's and cost about $7 US. I compared these vs the RS stuff and the Concord interconnects won by a HUGE margin. You should really look into these and spent your remaining cash on something else
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 10, 2001 at 11:16 AM Post #23 of 24
You can get Concord interconnects at Jaycar Electornics in Oz
smily_headphones1.gif

Tandy is our Radio Shack rip of...literally like burker king/hungry jacks.

Jaycar is like RS but has more stuff
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #24 of 24
Hi all. I have the same interconnect from Trevor at the moment. Accusound has more upfont vocals and percussion than TaraLabs, but less bottom end. I use TaraLabs with my 701's, the Accusound is a bit bright/treble based, but great with Edition 9's. I'd use Accusound with bassy sounding equipment, but sounds a bit empty with brighter equipment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back