Anywhere to get Grados at lower than MSRP?
Apr 1, 2007 at 10:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

makasin

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking to get myself a pair of RS2s (used or new) and I have searched via google and havent been able to find them under 495 dollars(plus shipping in most places). Anywhere I can get them at a better price?

Apr 1, 2007 at 11:02 AM Post #2 of 15
I've heard prices in Germany and Italy are pretty good, you might want to import a pair. Even with the cost of FedEx international next-day shipping you should still come out ahead.

Apr 1, 2007 at 11:55 AM Post #3 of 15
Anyone have a link? I just checked Froogle, Google, Yahoo Shopping, Ebay, etc.
Nothing.

Apr 1, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #4 of 15
go to todd's website. He's having special for both RS-1 and RS-2

Last time I checked..he's selling for 445US for RS-2 new.

ttvj.com

good luck

Apr 1, 2007 at 12:01 PM Post #5 of 15
Really? I just checked and it says 495?

Apr 1, 2007 at 12:03 PM Post #6 of 15
you have to click on check TTVJ's price....give them ur email..they'll send u the price in 10-15 min

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 15
I think Headroom offers them for $445 also if you click a "Email better price" link on these.

Don't hold your breath waiting for RS2s used--and even if they do show up you'd *better* be the first person to see it--they'd be sold in minutes.

Apr 2, 2007 at 12:38 AM Post #9 of 15
Yeah, I think im just gonna go the ttvj route, got the quote.
I will have to see if I feel like blowing all the cash I have right now on ANOTHER pair of cans.
God this hobby is a curse, a sweet sounding curse.

Apr 2, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #10 of 15
Try Echo Audio: http://www.echohifi.com/

I don't see the RS-2's listed on their site right now, but last summer they quoted me a very good price. Might be worth an e-mail. They're a fully authorized Grado dealer -- I bought my RS-1's from them, and they were great to deal with.

Apr 2, 2007 at 6:40 AM Post #11 of 15
Check with your local dealer. Sometimes they'll be able to cut you a deal.

Apr 2, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by panyncor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try Echo Audio: http://www.echohifi.com/

I don't see the RS-2's listed on their site right now, but last summer they quoted me a very good price. Might be worth an e-mail. They're a fully authorized Grado dealer -- I bought my RS-1's from them, and they were great to deal with.

Have you ever been to the store?
I live in Portland, OR so I go there during my college breaks and such. Excellent store, just wish they had more headphone stuff, but they have some amazing equipment in that store.

Apr 2, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by makasin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you ever been to the store?
I live in Portland, OR so I go there during my college breaks and such. Excellent store, just wish they had more headphone stuff, but they have some amazing equipment in that store.

Wow, small world -- I live in Portland too. Echo Audio is a great place to shop, but you're right that they pretty much ignore headphones, aside from stocking Grados and occasionally having good used amps. I'd send them an e-mail and ask for a price quote on the RS-2, especially since you're local.

Apr 2, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #14 of 15
Yeah, but I am at college, which is in San Diego, but hopefully they can ship stuff too right?
Echo Audio is where I got when I have nothing to do and feel like spending money. haha Its my "Saks Fifth Ave" or whatever. Who needs clothes when you can listen to rock/metal through Grados?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back