anyway to stop images to show up in background sellection when they're in My Pictures
Mar 7, 2004 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ProFingerSk8er

Headphoneus Supremus
iv just started using "My Pictures" folder under My Documents becuase i used to share computers with my sister, now i have my own comp i have found my doucment folder is very useful.

however i do not want my pictures under My Pictures to show up in the background sellection under display properties

this is where all my pictures show up:
desktop.jpg

anyway to disable this freature?

thanks

[edit] picture's now fixed

Mar 7, 2004 at 8:12 PM Post #2 of 9
Your screen shot does not work. From your description I am not real clear what you want to do. The picture would help.

One not so elegant way if I understand you correctly is to make a new folder "Pictures" and put your personal stuff there. Leaving "My Pictures" virtually empty.

Mar 7, 2004 at 8:23 PM Post #3 of 9
sorry...picture's now fixed..

i thought about leaving the folder empty, i just wanted to know if there's a way to fix this, since there are shortcuts to my document everywhere..

o welll.. stupid mircosoft

thanks for the reply

Mar 8, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #4 of 9
I understand what you're asking. you don't want to see all your "my pictures" files in the drop down list used to select your wallpaper. Mine (XP) doesn't do it, but I think I've seen this maybe in 2000?

Mar 8, 2004 at 7:27 AM Post #5 of 9
yours doesnt?
hum...that's weird.... all my friends' machines all do the same

damn i just wanna get rid of it..it's soo annonying

Mar 8, 2004 at 9:23 AM Post #6 of 9
Heh, an example of Microsoft stupidly making stupid decisions for us..

In OS X you can choose which folder is the "wallpaper" folder. Wow, how ingenious.

Have you tried making sub-folders within "My Pictures"?
edit: and move the pictures into the sub-folders... of course.
tongue.gif

Mar 8, 2004 at 9:28 PM Post #8 of 9
fiddler, ya i have already done that...no luck
mad.gif

Lisa, Display Properties > Appearance > Windows and buttons

im running XP Central Media Edition on this comp, XP Pro on my old comp...they all do the same
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back