Anything to fill in all album tags automatically?
Jun 27, 2011 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mushrooshi

100+ Head-Fier
I downloaded all 38 "Now!" albums, and I fixed up all the artist and track name tags and purged out the album and track number information, because I'd rather have "Firework - Teenage Dream" instead of "Firework - Now 34" or whatever.

Is there something I can use to just select all the files and press only a couple settings and then let my computer fill in all the tags while I run some errands for a couple hours and return back to find all my albums (and, as a perk, album art :D) filled in? I've looked at some but they require I actively interact with the software while it runs, like highlighing all the songs in a single album, then searching for the album, then me confirming. For 1000 new songs on probably 500-750 different albums, I'd like to avoid doing this.

I've been googling for a couple hours on this.

Jun 29, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #5 of 5
Ha, me too. I might use freedb through mp3tag if it looks like an overall improvement in tagging but I only use it as a guide and still go over each track manually. I've become pretty good with windows alt codes from fixing all the accented letters.

It's boring but I somehow love it.

You could take the pre-emtive of approach of downloading from a better source with proper tagging but this does limit your selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back