Anything like the Ipod touch except better?
Dec 21, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #16 of 20
Well, there's the iPhone.

tongue.gif

The short answer however is no. It's not like there aren't legions of people (me included) *wanting* one, but no-one else seems to be able to step up to the plate and offer a competing product with truly joined-up thinking behind it.

Dec 25, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #17 of 20
Looks like the Archos or the touch then. Is the 8gb touch a gimped version speed wise? Is there any way to expand the capacity? Guess probably not. Just wonder what the mods/options are.

I ask b/c I have about $200 now. I can wait though.

The Archos looks like trouble to me. Too many negative reviews and issues with customer support and a high? failure rate? Still, a 250gb tablet pc for under $200 IS TEMPTING.

Dec 27, 2009 at 1:51 AM Post #18 of 20
Zune for music/aesthetics.
Archos for web.

But the iPod Touch does it all really well, and is more mature software wise than its competition IMO.

Quote:

Looks like the Archos or the touch then. Is the 8gb touch a gimped version speed wise? Is there any way to expand the capacity? Guess probably not. Just wonder what the mods/options are.

I ask b/c I have about $200 now. I can wait though.

The Archos looks like trouble to me. Too many negative reviews and issues with customer support and a high? failure rate? Still, a 250gb tablet pc for under $200 IS TEMPTING.

I have the previous generation touch (same internals) no lack of speed here. There's absolutely no way to expand it. No SD port, and the flash is soldered on to the internals. Might I suggest looking for a refurb 16/32GB touch? Apple refurbs are really great for the money - you get the same warranty IIRC and you have a good chance of getting a new one (but you could never tell the difference anyway).

I think you should get the touch. SQ is pretty good and if you ever get bored with it you can look for free apps.
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 11:57 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Do /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate to say this but the iPhone 3gs is $200 with contract. Hands down the best media player out there in my opinion.

Enjoy.
Do!

Only problem being its mediocre battery life. If you want to use it as a amedia player will it even last a day? (I do not mean 24hrs I mean a day)

Dec 27, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #20 of 20
There really isn't anything out there to match the Touch when it comes to the fun factor and that is simply due to the vast user base game/application makers have with the touch. No other devices is as attractive for developers to really take the time and make cool games for. If you wait, maybe Android will have enough pull to get developers to port their games and apps that they made for the touch for android based devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back