Anything like the HD380Pro (decent sound, compact storage, circumaural) but with less sound leak?
Mar 13, 2015 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gohanssjn

100+ Head-Fier
So I ordered a pair of Sennheiser HD380Pro to tote back and forth to work each day in a messenger bag.  I LOVE how they sound and that they pack into something that isn't very thick as the messenger bag has lots of room length and width wise, but not depth wise.

However, I am used to using a pair of Shure SRH-840 at work that have NO sound leak, even when I crank them up.  The HD380Pro did leak, and I am sure my office people would be able to hear them (someone sits 5ft away from me).  I tested them on my leg to see what I could hear, and even tried both pairs on my head while recording sound on my phone.  I could hear the HD380Pro, but not the SRH-840 at all.

So, is there anything else that is Circumaural, collapsible into a thinner form (preferably with a case), with good sound and no sound leak?

Thanks!  
biggrin.gif

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #2 of 4
You might check out the Soundmagic HP100. They are foldable, have a nice case, and sound excellent. They are closed and I don't recall them leaking significantly when I heard them (in fact, my memory of them is of very good isolation), but that is something you and others will need to assess and confirm and verify. Don't take my word for it. As you probably know, amazon has a very liberal return policy, so, if you decided to give them (or anything else amazon carries) a try, you could always return them if you so chose. I would definitely check out the Soundmagic, were I in your shoes. They seem to meet most of your criteria rather nicely. Not sure what your budget is, but the HP100 are currently about $180.00 Best of luck to you!!

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 4
  You might check out the Soundmagic HP100. They are foldable, have a nice case, and sound excellent. They are closed and I don't recall them leaking significantly when I heard them (in fact, my memory of them is of very good isolation), but that is something you and others will need to assess and confirm and verify. Don't take my word for it. As you probably know, amazon has a very liberal return policy, so, if you decided to give them (or anything else amazon carries) a try, you could always return them if you so chose. I would definitely check out the Soundmagic, were I in your shoes. They seem to meet most of your criteria rather nicely. Not sure what your budget is, but the HP100 are currently about $180.00 Best of luck to you!!

Thanks, I'll give them a look.  On first Google, it does look like they pack with the phones pressed together, so not any skinnier.  Is that what you remember?

I'd prefer something that packs like this:

Making them thinner.

Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back