anything* > iPod 1G Shuffle ??
Sep 30, 2007 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

arevalo

Head-Fier
I'm looking for something under $200 with better SQ than my 1G shuffle. I was able to listen to the iPod touch and was not satisfied with the SQ. Problem is, my touch is coming in Monday as I love everything else about it, the SQ is not up to par (w/ 1G Shuffle) and I may just sell it.

Other options I have in mind are the trekstor vibez and the iaudio 7.

Any other recommendations as far as SQ? Capacity is of no importance as I don't mind switching it up via computer. But would another option be buying an amp for the touch since I like everything else about it but the lack of bass/warmth in SQ. I am not going to be leaving it in the dust just yet and will listen more once I get mine in but so far, my 1G shuffle has the upper hand.

Sep 30, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #2 of 59
Does not exist :p

I'm curious too
wink.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #3 of 59
Kenwood players and the JVC XA-HD500 are the best players I've ever heard.

Sep 30, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #4 of 59
I've never done a side by side of the 1G Shuffle and the vibez, but the vibez SQ is damn near flawless to my ears. Great balance of highs, mids and lows through my Grado SR-60s.

Sep 30, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #5 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by robert1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does not exist :p

I'm curious too
wink.gif

Was afraid so.

Any takes on the amp?

Sep 30, 2007 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 59
Wait, wait wait. 1st Generation Shuffle has extraordinary sound quality? Did I miss something?

Sep 30, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #7 of 59
'Shuffle 1st gen has a very nice headphone output (beats all the other ipod models) and is suposedly the best sounding small flash DAP without amp/

Sep 30, 2007 at 8:42 PM Post #9 of 59
BTW: 12 GB TrekStor vibez is in stock at B&H for 189.95 plus shipping. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...P3_Player.html

Meets both your price and SQ requirements. I forgot to mention, a couple of weeks ago, my vibez took a double bounce from the top of a running treadmill, onto the belt which threw it 6 ft away onto the gym floor and hasn't missed a beat.

Have I mentioned lately that I really really love my vibez?
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 8:46 AM Post #11 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckypictures /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait, wait wait. 1st Generation Shuffle has extraordinary sound quality? Did I miss something?

I liked mine till it broke. Hopefully I've another one on the way. To my uneducated ears the 1st gen shuffle sounds accurate and neutral. Most MP3 players I've heard aren't.

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #12 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by robert1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
'Shuffle 1st gen has a very nice headphone output (beats all the other ipod models) and is suposedly the best sounding small flash DAP without amp/

REALLY?

Wow. I did not know that. Is it only the 1st gen, or is it both?

Oct 1, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #15 of 59
Quote:

Originally Posted by arevalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for something under $200 with better SQ than my 1G shuffle. I was able to listen to the iPod touch and was not satisfied with the SQ. Problem is, my touch is coming in Monday as I love everything else about it, the SQ is not up to par (w/ 1G Shuffle) and I may just sell it.

Other options I have in mind are the trekstor vibez and the iaudio 7.

Any other recommendations as far as SQ? Capacity is of no importance as I don't mind switching it up via computer. But would another option be buying an amp for the touch since I like everything else about it but the lack of bass/warmth in SQ. I am not going to be leaving it in the dust just yet and will listen more once I get mine in but so far, my 1G shuffle has the upper hand.

hah I'm actually looking for the same thing, SQ at least equal to that of the shuffle but I want the ability to pick songs rather than shuffling through them..lol..personally I'm liking the iaudio being flash based but I think I'll wait for the 16gb version to drop

does anyone have/had the shuffle AND the iaudio 7? We'd like to know how they compare

side question: slightly off topic but is it at all worth amping the 1st gen shuffle? Ever since seeing that thread with the shuffle plus RSA tube amp, i've been thinking about it, but so far I'm getting mixed reactions. Using it with a UE 5Pro at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back