Anything else I can do to fight this head-fi scammer?
Mar 16, 2015 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Blinxat

500+ Head-Fier
Guys,

I sold cans on the forums (B&O H6) and got chargeback scammed. Paypal awarded me seller protection but they recently told me that the guys bank creditcard company is still going for it and wants the money back.

He claims "item not received"

I posted tracking, proof of delivery, proof of postage to correct paypal address etc...

The guy sold the headphone the moment he got them on ebay!

See this screenshot I compiled to see how it went down: (click on image then "original" to see full image in detail)

Paypal said they will help me but is there anything else I can do? I have already got in contact with Cape Coral police dpt. But since it is "non-emergency" the process seems slow.

When I asked the dudes Mom or relative or whatever on Facebook she says she doesn't know Joni, which is absurd both are listed for the same address, you can't live in the same house have the same family name and not know each other.

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 13

When I asked the dudes Mom or relative or whatever on Facebook she says she doesn't know Joni, which is absurd both are listed for the same address, you can't live in the same house have the same family name and not know each other.

Are you sure he's the Mom or something? Like, are they listed as relatives on FB? Are they in the same photos and the Mom properly tagged? I mean, he can use their delivery address, then knowing how delivery guys operate over there, I can waltz in and take it. He might even have stolen photos from their actual kid without using their names and use them on FB, and use a separate identity for scamming. Hell, credit cards are sometimes left in the mailbox over there, or when the mail slot is by the door, it falls on the floor and you can easily use the thin wire forceps (forgot what the tool is actually called) to fish it out.

Mar 17, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #7 of 13
IMHO learn from this mistake and don't trust anyone on the internet.

There doesn't seem to be much you can do. You can wait for Paypal and the credit card company to process this, but is it really worth the trouble? You can spend a few months agonizing over $300.

Move on and learn from this mistake.

Mar 20, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #11 of 13
Well I at least it is closed and I didn't lose the money :)

"We have completed our investigation. After reviewing the details of this case, we have determined that it is unlikely that we will be able to successfully dispute this chargeback. This matter has been resolved and no funds were debited from your account for this chargeback."

19. Mar 2015 PayPal Case closed
19. Mar 2015 PayPal No funds transferred from seller's account

-----
What bothers me though, is that this little ****head probably still got the money from either Paypal or his CC company.

Paypal should kill his account and his ebay account too.

Either way, avoid the ***** that live at

2543 SW 28th Pl in Cape Coral :D

Mar 20, 2015 at 9:26 PM Post #12 of 13
That's sad to hear, man. I don't think I can be of much help but I wish you the best of luck. 

Although you didn't receive any loss in the end, chances are that guy is going to be back on HF with a new account under a new name, trying to prey on other users. It really surprises me how people are willing to throw away their morals for a quick buck.

From what I've seen, most people in this hobby are nice and generally great folks. It's just the one or two dicks that ruin it for everyone.

From your experience, can you give me any tips that would protect me against scammers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back