Anything BUT the K81 dj's...
Nov 7, 2006 at 6:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

clarepants

New Head-Fier
Hey I'm lookin for some good hip hop headphones thats around the price range of the K81s, maybe something like $100 since the K81s are sooo good and only $70. They are good mang, but I don't want the same headphones everyone else's got haha

Nov 7, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #2 of 10
Why don't you want the same headphones that everyone else has? Everyone else has the K81DJs for a reason -- they're a good set of cans for their pricepoint. I don't think you should exclude such a good headphone just because everyone else has one..

Nov 7, 2006 at 6:53 AM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarepants
Hey I'm lookin for some good hip hop headphones thats around the price range of the K81s, maybe something like $100 since the K81s are sooo good and only $70. They are good mang, but I don't want the same headphones everyone else's got haha

the chances of you seeing a pair of k81 djs out on the street are very low

Nov 7, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #7 of 10
unless there are a lot of head-fiers where you live you probably won't see another one around. they're pretty fantastic at that price and with a recable, turn into a completely different beast altogether.

for hip-hop you might also consider the grado sr-60...but they're open and not the most portable headphones.

Nov 7, 2006 at 11:04 AM Post #10 of 10
Used K271S:s are at that price point. For me those are pretty much unbeatable at that price. And as a side note for those who say that these are sweaty, buy cloth pads for those or reverse the original pads, the otherside is softer pleather and has actualy realy nice feel to those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back