Anything at Best Buy?
Mar 13, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #16 of 27
Yeah, I have the same conflict (except with a $50 gift card). Everything at Best Buy is either too expensive or useless to me. I think cheap music (if I can find enough) will be the solution.

Mar 13, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #17 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by zancxia
I'm just surprised that I haven't found anyone that wants it. I thought that there were a lot of people that go to Best Buy on a regular basis... maybe not here, but in other groups...

yeah, but whats the point of exchanging your gift card for cash for someone on the forum? Plus, you've got to pay for shipping...

Just do what Kramer suggested. Buy some random $100 item, and return it next day, and you get your 100 dollars back in cash!

Mar 13, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
yeah, but whats the point of exchanging your gift card for cash for someone on the forum? Plus, you've got to pay for shipping...

Just do what Kramer suggested. Buy some random $100 item, and return it next day, and you get your 100 dollars back in cash!

Yeah, I know what you mean.

icon10.gif
I actually forgot to mention that.... I bought some $99 Sony Headphones about a month ago with the card, just so I could return it for the cash. The cashier refunding me said, "Hmmm... it is telling me to give you a $100 gift card. Oh, you bought it with a gift card. Is that right?" "Uh.... heeyeah."
rolleyes.gif

At the time I had two $50 gift cards. Now I just have one big one. Bastards.
tongue.gif

Mar 13, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by zancxia
Yeah, I know what you mean.

icon10.gif
I actually forgot to mention that.... I bought some $99 Sony Headphones about a month ago with the card, just so I could return it for the cash. The cashier refunding me said, "Hmmm... it is telling me to give you a $100 gift card. Oh, you bought it with a gift card. Is that right?" "Uh.... heeyeah."
rolleyes.gif

At the time I had two $50 gift cards. Now I just have one big one. Bastards.
tongue.gif

that sucks...

wait til one of your friends is buying something there and swap

Mar 13, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #22 of 27
BB cards are mostly good for buying media (games, CDs, DVDs) or anything else that tends to be pretty much fixed-price. Buying computer gear there is almost always horrible since you'll pay a lot more for items than you would online.

I've currently got $100 in BB cards and there's just not a lot I want from there, so I'll probably end up buying CDs. Or waiting till I buy a TV so I can get 100 bucks off, whee!

Mar 17, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
nope...

Use it to buy something. Dont open it. Return it in a couple days and have them credit your CC. Use that on ebay or here.

Ive done that with just about every BB / CC gift cert I have ever received.

I did buy a UR40 once, but I dont think BB stocks those any more.
My local BB stocks e2cs, but at $100 its way overpriced.
Garrett

I tried this with my circuitcity gift card.. it doesn't work, the CSR just gave me another new GC instead of put back to my credit card or cash..

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #25 of 27
I've got to admit that I'm laughing a bit about this problem. I've never had a problem spending money. I generally only use Best Buy for "emergency" purchases, or when they have a good ad. They usually have DVD-R's on sale every few weeks that fall in line with the best local price you will find. Same with CDR's.

Mar 20, 2006 at 12:08 AM Post #26 of 27
I doubt that our poor college student friend here had or has 600 dollars to buy a hugely overpriced xbox 360 since the regular xbox version of GRAW isn't worth the box it comes in. I had a premium system reserved, and couldn't resist the opportunity to get my greedy hands on some serious green. One of the better transactions I've ever made. I'm now holding out for a PS3 though. Anyway, sorry I got off subject. If you own a PS2, get God of War, just got knocked down to 20 bucks or hold out for FFXII. That's gonna be killer. I would say that if you play games, that's the only way to go with BB. You could buy a cd tower or a cd case. I guess you could pay 40 bucks for an Ipod case...
600smile.gif

Slade

Mar 20, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #27 of 27
Their Toshiba and Samsung DVD players are pretty good for audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back