Anything as good as "The King" on the market?
Jan 24, 2016 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Kclone

100+ Head-Fier
I abandoned my full size headphone setup a few years ago.  Since then, I have focused on speaker set ups and just use portable headphones, which are currently the Westone W60. So I have been out of the game and am uniformed on top performers and new developments for a few years.  My favorite headphone that I owned before was the "king" Sony R 10s.   I loved them and my biggest regret in audio is that I sold the R10s.   Why do I regret it?  Because those things could make pretty much any recording sound really good, enjoyable.  I could put on something low fi like a Husker Du recording, and the R 10s would breath the life into them.  I never suffered fatigue with them, they were lively and detailed, yet smooth.   So, is there anything out there that is good as the R 10s that have been developed?   Or was 1989 the last time the industry developed something magical in the dynamic headphone world?  As for budget, I would like to keep it at 2500.00, but am willing to wait a little longer and pay more if there is something as magical as the R10 (or better) is out there.  And yes, I know I may have to invest in amp too.  My musical preferences are new wave, post punk, indie rock, classic rock.   Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back