Anyother Caribbean members out there?
Sep 3, 2014 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

dudlew

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

Just wondering if there are any other caribbean members still living in the Caribbean out there.... in particular Trinidad, St. Lucia, Barbados, Grenada...... you get the drift... if there are.... it would be nice if we can link up.

Dudlew

Nov 13, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 25
So am I the only Caribbean head-fier here??

Nov 13, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #4 of 25
Cool!!

I have some family there. Wouldnt it be cool to have a Caribbean meet?

Nov 13, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #5 of 25
I  wonder if youre my brother???

Nov 14, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #7 of 25
I agree a meet would be cool. I am definately not your brother! Where are you living?

In St. Vincent. Canouan to be exact. Well lets see if any others are out there and see what can happen. I would love to know your gear list if you don't mind. You can pm me with it if you like. My gear is in my sig.

Nov 14, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #9 of 25

No problem.  Proud new owner of Chord Hugo and Fostex TH900.

whew!!! You went for the big guns.... Nowhere near that league.... Would love to get a chance to hear a setup like that. One day..... I am looking along the lines of an ADL GT40 as a desktop amp. But have so many thoughts running around my head i never know what I will end up with.

Nov 15, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #10 of 25
I looked at Hugo, but there been a lot of concern in these forums about Hugo and DSD files. How does it sound with DSD?

Nov 15, 2014 at 10:18 AM Post #11 of 25
  I'm in the Bahamas. I looked at Hugo, but there been a lot of concern in these forums about Hugo and DSD files. How does it sound with DSD?

Hey

Nice to see another caribbean member. I cant answer your question at all as I have never used the Hugo, but I am interested in what your favourite amp with the HP50 is...
I see that you have some amps that I have looked at.... like the Lake People and the ifi I-Micro and even the Meridian Explorer, and would love to get your views and opinions on them with your NAD HP50.

Nov 15, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #12 of 25

I have to admit that the HD800 is my preferred can, and gets the most use. I just recently got the iDSD Micro which is a dual core DAC/amp and the level of detail and musicality is outstanding - highly recommended. The two pair extremely well. The Lake People G-103s is a great headphone amp, and I have used it more with the Sabre DAC in the Geek Out 1000, which I find more detailed than the Meridian Explorer - again with the HD800.
I am new to this game and still looking - and may still get the Hugo.

Nov 15, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #13 of 25
I have to admit that the HD800 is my preferred can, and gets the most use. I just recently got the iDSD Micro which is a dual core DAC/amp and the level of detail and musicality is outstanding - highly recommended. The two pair extremely well. The Lake People G-103s is a great headphone amp, and I have used it more with the Sabre DAC in the Geek Out 1000, which I find more detailed than the Meridian Explorer - again with the HD800.
I am new to this game and still looking - and may still get the Hugo.

Thanks for the response.... sounds like you favour the IDSD over the rest. I will look into that one or the non DSD one as to be honest.... I dont think I will go that route.

I plan to check out the non dsd dac and also the adl gt40. I'll pair it with my mac mini and flac files or 320 kbps mp3. I usually use my ipod with lod as my source most of the times but I just hooked up my e11k to my home cd player and the difference is substantial. The ipod is good for portable use but as good as pdople say the dacs are..... they are not a match for something like a good home cd player.

Soo much choices.......

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #14 of 25
Nov 17, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #15 of 25
Thanks for the response.... sounds like you favour the IDSD over the rest. I will look into that one or the non DSD one as to be honest.... I dont think I will go that route.

I plan to check out the non dsd dac and also the adl gt40. I'll pair it with my mac mini and flac files or 320 kbps mp3. I usually use my ipod with lod as my source most of the times but I just hooked up my e11k to my home cd player and the difference is substantial. The ipod is good for portable use but as good as pdople say the dacs are..... they are not a match for something like a good home cd player.

Soo much choices.......

The NAD Viso HP50 is highly regarded as an accurate headphone. This is Tyll Hertsens' review - http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/i-love-these-headphonesthe-nad-viso-hp50 .
The LH Labs Geekout 1000 DAC has also received positive reviews. This is Michael Mercer's review - http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/03/28/geek-out-1000 . It also plays 32-bit / 384kHz and DSD 128 files which is amazing for its price point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back