Anyone with battery knowledge? Lithium polymer, for a portable amp
Oct 24, 2013 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

heynice

Head-Fier
I didn't really know where to post this, but my ibasso d10 battery needed to be replaced, I basso sells their own batteries without tracking and I never received the item, it's been over a month. I am looking for alternatives.

The battery specs on ibasso says 
Power Source:Built-in 4.2V 470mAh Li-polymer

But I can't find anything 4.2V, I did find a 3.7V 450mAh battery here and I read most lipos peak at 4.2V full charge?

I don't know anything about batteries, if the specs need to match like that, the dimensions and everything work, but would having less mAh and off voltage affect it (other than less hours)?

Thanks very much!

Oct 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 3
Single lithium cells have a nominal voltage of 3.7V and a fully charged voltage of 4.2V.

So I'm not familiar with the iBasso, but you need to select a battery with a suitable form factor and mAh. I have looked at the iBasso, but the case doesn't give much away as regards the battery size and shape.

If you can get one to fit, you should go for one of the protected lithium cells, the iBasso may have battery charge protection built in, but the protected cells have a layer of protection built into the cells.

The first place I'd look for cells is on deal extreme (dx.com). It always helps in circumstances like this to post a picture of the part, with something (ruler) included in the picture so that we can tell what size it is.

w

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 3
I've used Lipo Batteries extensively though my Use in the Remote control Car industry, the batteries produce electricity through a chemical reaction although they can discharge at Hi rate. they are unreliable and explode if the voltage goes below 3.20 volts.  I would recommend something more stable like a High Capacity rechargeable lithium Ion Camera battery..  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back