anyone with a k240 mkii
Feb 5, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
hey guys. im about to buy a k240 mkii, but first i want to make sure that the earpads will fit me. i recently got a made in austria k240 mkii, which obviously is an older verison, and both the leather and velour pads's hole for the ears had a very small circumference, and my ear didnt fit in either at all.

i also have a k240 studio verison, and the newer leather earpad has a lot more room.

im wondering if anyone knows for sure before i make a purchase if the new verisons of the mkii have the earpads with more room, or do both the leather and velour pads still have no space? thanks

They are exactly the same as the k240 Studio version, so yes they will fit, but there is no reason to buy them unless you really want the coiled cord or velour pads, which, in that case, you could always buy those accesories from AKG directly. They sound exactly the same, there is no reason to have both.

Feb 5, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #3 of 4
The K240 Mk II and the K240 Studio (made in China) are the same headphones, just with different color exterior trim. If you look at the specifications of the two headphones listed at AKG's site, you'll see that they are identical.  The main difference is that the  Mk II comes with an extra cord and the velour pads.  The interior opening in the pleathor pad is larger than the velour pad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back