Anyone watching the Mahut / Isner match at Wimbledon? Longest match in history!
Jun 23, 2010 at 2:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

soozieq

Headphoneus Supremus
I can't take my eyes off it. They're at 49 games each in the final set. Every single game in this set has gone with serve and it doesn't look like changing any time soon.

They've been playing almost nine hours so far. And neither of them look like flagging yet. But the scoreboard has totally given up
biggrin.gif

EDIT: 50 games each now.

Jun 23, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 37
Man, whoever loses is going to feel like crap.

Not only would they have wasted 9 hours playing for a loss, but they will forever be remembered as the player who lost the longest match in history.

Jun 23, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #4 of 37

Quote:
Man, whoever loses is going to feel like crap.

Not only would they have wasted 9 hours playing for a loss, but they will forever be remembered as the player who lost the longest match in history.

That's true! Plus the winner has to play tomorrow. I can't imagine how either of them is going to feel after over nine hours of solid play.

Good stuff though. There's been something like 160 aces so far. Isner's had 211 unreturned serves so far!

Jun 23, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #5 of 37
Happened to turn on Wimbledon on BBC, meaning to watch the world cup - was wondering whats up with the large numbers - unfortunately its nothing too exciting to watch despite its record..

Jun 23, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #11 of 37
54 - 54 lol. This is crazy. And they must be starving!

If I had to put money on one of them, I think I'd choose Mahut, because he seems to have a little more energy left than Isner. But his serves (Isner's) aren't letting up at all.

Jun 23, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #13 of 37
You would think if Mahut can get a few rallies on the Isner serve he could get it. After that last service game Isner looked as though he was barely standing.

I can't believe neither of them are cramping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back