Anyone want an HD600 cable for DIY?
Oct 6, 2003 at 7:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

teknophyl

Head-Fier
Hi everyone. After 2 years of working perfectly, the right channel on my HD600's started cutting off and getting staticky when I moved the cable a certain way, so I got a replacement. I found that, with the old cable, the sound got cut off when I moved the part of the cable between the right, red plug and the shrinkwrap joining the left and right cables together. I tried jiggling the plug itself, but that didn't cut off the sound so I'm pretty sure the problem is in that little stretch of cable. So if anyone wants my old cable's plugs to use for a DIY job, just leave a message and I'll send the entire cable to you. Since you DIYers are such a close community, if someone accepts, I'll wait till the day after to send it out just in case someone thinks, "Nevermind, I think he/she should have it instead of me." Take care.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2003 at 12:28 PM Post #2 of 10
LOL

I would like your cable, but I'm too far from you - in Czech Republic - so:

"Nevermind, I think he/she should have it instead of me."

biggrin.gif

Oct 6, 2003 at 1:42 PM Post #3 of 10
I have been wanting to make a DIY cable for my 580s but couldn't afford to buy a $20 cable and just waste it for ends only... and I really cannot afford to buy Clous or other after-market cables. I am interested if no other more worthy cause presents itself.
580smile.gif

(BTW, I am in KY if you needed to know)

Oct 6, 2003 at 1:44 PM Post #4 of 10
Well, I expect to be messing around with HD-600/650 cables. I would like to try four-wire Kelvin connections up to the headphones--might even be better than beefy third party cables in that it compensates for cable capacitance. An old set of cables may lend itself to such experimentation.

JF

Oct 6, 2003 at 5:07 PM Post #5 of 10
Ok, KTpg, unless you change your mind, I'll send you a PM later tonight asking for your address and have the cable sent out tomorrow morning.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2003 at 2:22 AM Post #7 of 10
Damn right it is
biggrin.gif

Family Guy is one of the funniest TV shows ever. On November 2nd on Cartoon Network's late night programming, "Adult Swim," they are going to show an episode that's never been seen on air because it was too racy for Fox. It's titled "When You Wish Upon a Wenstein." Supposedly it has lots of anti-semite jokes in it and I think it's actually included in the new season 2 DVD that came out a little while ago.
Oh and KTpg, you've got mail.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2003 at 3:39 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by teknophyl
Hey, KTpg, could you email me and send me your address please? Thanks.

Yea KTpg.

Despite the fact that it appears that no compensation factor was given to time zone differences, it appears that you are the first come "winner". (Honestly, for what I want to do I should purchase new replacements.)

By the way did teknophyl mention that he was going to charge $15 to FedEx them to KY?

JF : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back