Anyone using the Corda Poweramps?
Jun 18, 2005 at 5:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

rauer

500+ Head-Fier
Hi. I have the Prehead mk. I and a pair of B&W Nautilus 805 speakers (8 Ohm IIRC). I wonder, how would a pair or Corda Poweramp-1's do running the speakers, preamped by the Prehead? Is anyone actually using those poweramps? A review or user comments would be nice.

Jan, in case you're reading this, do you have new poweramps coming any time soon?

Jun 18, 2005 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 4
I would love to know how they sound as well. Think Todd has heard the Corda Amps? They look like a good buy at the markdown price.

I had the B&W 804s and they sounded really good with a Levinson No.29, which had a sweeter and darker sound, much like a Ray Samuels amp. From what I have heard, if I recall correctly, the Corda sound is more revealing and bright than the Ray Samuels sound. So it will be a totally different deal, but if you like the prehead you should like the amp, too. Bet they sound good together with the right speaker, but who knows what that could be?

Let us know. Separates plus a killer headphone amp at this price is pretty attractive.

Jun 21, 2005 at 7:42 PM Post #3 of 4
Bump

Someone has to have these - if not running the B&Ws, then some other 8 Ohm speakers!

Jun 23, 2005 at 3:12 AM Post #4 of 4
Power amplifiers are very competitive and I decided that the Corda Amp given the price did not have the value of the Odyssey Khartago.Match this Amp with the Corda Prehead and a pair of Von Schweikert VR-1 speakers and no known headphones on earth will match it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back