Anyone using the Alessandro MS1 from a portable?
Feb 21, 2005 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 9
well i have some ms2's which i sometimes use with my iriver ihp-140, it seems to sound ok, volume scale on the unit is 0 to 40 and a loud but comfortable playing level with the ms2 is 30. the combination isnt practical on the go, they also leak sound alot! on the go i use some crappy phones or my sporta pro's.

Feb 21, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 9
I"m using the MS-1 with a Dell DJ which has a volume rating up to 25. I usually have it set between 16-19 depending on the recording. They sound pretty good with great bass. Some say an amp will give you a 10-20% increase in quality....I"m pretty happy with it unamped.

Feb 21, 2005 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 9
Use it on a direct source, for Godsake ! Don't use for compressed, it sounds too gorgeous for this !!...

Now, seriously. I tried it on Ogg, and even with it at 160kbps bite rate, I could tell the difference with the original track (on minimalist music).
I only use it on standing sources, for pure musical pleasure, and on my computer.
rs1smile.gif

Feb 22, 2005 at 12:36 AM Post #7 of 9
i'd like to, but you know, there are a very few spots i'd want to listen where i could get away without pissing people off with the ms-1's. i mean, if you're james taylor' stylin it in the country "walkin on a country road", your in business; but for me, on the bus, in the library the ms-1's aren't reallly appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

other than that, i'd bet they'd be great if you've got them for home anyway

Feb 22, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
i'd like to, but you know, there are a very few spots i'd want to listen where i could get away without pissing people off with the ms-1's. i mean, if you're james taylor' stylin it in the country "walkin on a country road", your in business; but for me, on the bus, in the library the ms-1's aren't reallly appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

other than that, i'd bet they'd be great if you've got them for home anyway

Hey uzziah, I'm just gonna do this on the next week in my sweet french countryside !... Me, my parents, and my lovely MS1 !
lambda.gif
I'm just right for it !
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back