Anyone using Sensaphonics on their motorcycle?
Nov 8, 2005 at 12:37 PM Post #16 of 20
Some years ago I drove my car with a headphone on - also that is forbidden. One time I noticed some cars in front of me going to the left outer side to let an ambulance pass. I was the latest because I didn´t hear it coming brforehand. From that moment on I don´t use headphones or IEMs while driving. Even very loud music from speakers is dangerous because you don´t hear anything around you. Even if the motorbike is loud you are still able to hear at least a comforting little bit of what happens around you. I could only imagine hearing music on a lonely road with almost no other traffic. But even there you never know what can possilbly happen. So in dense German (and European) traffic I would not listen to loud music at all.

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:21 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
i ride with earplugs all the time. i feel it's much safer and more enjoyable than not wearing anything at all. it does get quite loud at freeway speeds. plus, it's legal to do so here in california.

i sometimes wear my er6i while riding, too, but it does make me somewhat less attentive to the road. it's not a matter of hearing other cars coming, but a matter of concentration.

oh - i don't know which would provide better isolation...universal fit IEMs provide the best isolation in general.

I agree with this, the lack of hearing is not what is dangerous on bikes, it is the distraction of the music. People just don't see bikes which means you have to see them pulling out in front of you etc. Hearing has little to do with it. If the music does not distract you, I don't see a problem. Hearing is not a sense I use other than to shift gears when I drive. My car is so loud that I can't hear other cars anways. Add the stereo on top of that and I don't hear much else.

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #18 of 20
Yes I ride a Harley and my avatar is a picture of my bike.

So, is the consensus that the Sensaphonics 2x-s earphones will provide the best isolation (in the custom IEM category) for isolation because of the soft silicone and that they will provide enough isolation on a motorcycle to be able to hear the quality of these expensive IEMs?

Also, has anyone compared the isolation of the 2x-s to the UE-10. I was thinking of buying the UE-10 until reading all the posts talking about refits and after talking to my audiologists.

Thanks
Allan

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by UAndy
Some years ago I drove my car with a headphone on - also that is forbidden. One time I noticed some cars in front of me going to the left outer side to let an ambulance pass. I was the latest because I didn´t hear it coming brforehand. From that moment on I don´t use headphones or IEMs while driving. Even very loud music from speakers is dangerous because you don´t hear anything around you. Even if the motorbike is loud you are still able to hear at least a comforting little bit of what happens around you. I could only imagine hearing music on a lonely road with almost no other traffic. But even there you never know what can possilbly happen. So in dense German (and European) traffic I would not listen to loud music at all.

I allways see flashing lights before I hear them, but I tend to pay ridiculous amounts of attention to what is going on around me.

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #20 of 20
apart from an ambulance, i cannot see anything one might want to hear about the traffic and you CAN hear everything besides the normal erngine sounds too, even tho it's not allowed here i dont think its wrong to wear iems on a motorcycle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back