Anyone using netflix???
Jan 26, 2004 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

RYCeT

Headphoneus Supremus
I sign up for netflix around 2 weeks ago. It was sunday, the first 3 dvd's was delivered on monday and it said I should have received by thursday. On thursday I don't received anything and I report them lost on saturday and asked them to resend those dvd's again. It's said I should have receive them by wednesday, Guess what? I don't receive those dvd's again.
eek.gif
So I cancel my account today, Fortunately it's still on 14 days trial. How is your experience dealing with netflix? Is this a common problem?

Jan 26, 2004 at 3:44 PM Post #2 of 22
I've been a Netflix customer for maybe 3 years, and my experience with them has always been good. No problems at all.

But I live in the same county as their HQ (and main fulfillment center, I think), so I'm probably less subject to postal delays than most.

Jan 26, 2004 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 22
i've been using netflix for a few months just to see how it works...be aware that once they send the DVDs to you they are at the mercy of our postal service so when they actually arrive will vary but usually for me they get to me a day or so before they say they should arrive but not always...unfortunately one of the 3 DVDs i just got was cracked during shipment...also a few of the DVDs they sent me have had bad enough scratches to render them unplayable but you can ask them to resend another if you want.

Jan 26, 2004 at 7:26 PM Post #5 of 22
I've been a member of Netflix for a little over a year now, and never had a problem with their service, the disks, or the mail.

Well, that's not entirely true. One time I "ordered" a DVD (I think it was something like "Murder By Numbers".) When it came, it was in a "Murder By Numbers" dust sleeve, but the disk inside was something different. I mailed the disk back, reported the problem on their website, and had it cleared up via email by the end of the day.

Some of the disks come pretty scratched up, but not worse than some of the disks at blockbuster down the street. But despite the scratches, I have yet to have a single disk not play. I wish I could say the same for my experience with BlockBuster.

I am surprised, though, that there isn't a bigger problem with the postal workers stealing the disks. They might as well have a sign on them saying "Hey, I'm a DVD in packaging so flexible you can shove me in your pocket!"

I really like Netflix, and have been recommending it to my friends all the time. Sorry you had a bad exerience. For me, at least, good service is the norm.

BPRJam

Jan 26, 2004 at 9:20 PM Post #6 of 22
I guess I'll try netflix again when I moved to a new address
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
. The funny thing is when you tried to cancel it, they offer a new rates just to keep you there, I think it's for 3-6 months. Maybe you guys want to try it
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 26, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #7 of 22
about two years here, and never a problem. I love getting my movies in the mail, no waiting, the ease of on-line selection, and you keep em as long as you want. This is a great service, and they are very competitive with my local rental places as well.

Jan 27, 2004 at 12:14 AM Post #8 of 22
No problems...

Return a disc...next day they receive it. On the third day, I get a new movie!

(However, I'm just over the hill from their headquarters).

I have no reason to go back to Blockbuster...

biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2004 at 3:58 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
I tied 3 times with Netflix....terrible service.

I am now a happy member of Film Caddy:

Film Caddy

How long ago did you try them John? They now have a distribution center in Worcester, MA so I get my DVDs really fast up here in Maine now.

Jan 27, 2004 at 6:38 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by rycet
Does anyone know where's the nearest netflix distribution center from Philadelphia?

My guess would be Worcester, MA for the East coast.

Jul 17, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #13 of 22
Yes, I’m a member. Strangely I rarely watch it and am wasting money each month.

But I don’t cancel because psychology I like the idea of having access to videos Even though I’ll never watch them.

Jul 18, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #14 of 22
I used to have Netflix but since I wasn’t watching their stuff most of the time I cancelled it. I find most of their series and movies “cookie cutters” & not to my taste.

Jul 22, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #15 of 22
Cancelled Netflix as well. Earlier, they were doing good until other networks decided to pull theor content and Netflix's content went down hill.

HBO has the best content, and I'd say the only streaming service worth having.

I also foujd Youtube TV lacking as well. Goood O days of Netflix is gone, and content are split among nwtworks unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back