Anyone using AV-710 flashed to Prodigy/Revo/Aureon & 24/192 mod ??
Aug 10, 2005 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Hooligan

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm using Chaintech flashed to Prodigy with external DAC 24/96. No surprise that only digital-out on flashed card is working. I'm going to mod Wolfson DAC circuit to work with Prodigy drivers by cutting the configuration (SPI) lines between Wolfson and Envy (if wolf in sw mode-seems to be) or switch wolf to hw mode and hardwire configuration. Then, I'd like to build new external DAC 24/192 so I'd appreciate 24/192 output from CHaintech. While Envy HT-S is capable of 24/192 on digital lines, by replacing optical transmitter to something capable of more than 12 Mb (TOTX 141 for example) 24/192 spdif output can be achieved (IMHO) and wolfson should accept 24/192 too (after wolf mod).
If anyone tried this, thanks for tips. If anyone interested, I'll post results :)

Aug 11, 2005 at 6:21 PM Post #2 of 8
So, nobody interested in turning CHaintech AV-710 into 24bit 192kHz 2 channel digital and analog out interface ? :) Never mind, I'll try and let you know.
orphsmile.gif

Aug 11, 2005 at 8:03 PM Post #3 of 8
i know there are many on this board who have done the mod with success. it does disable all the outputs except for spdif iirc.

Aug 12, 2005 at 7:43 PM Post #6 of 8
What mod do you mean ? Flash AV710 to Prodigy ? Its simple and very well documented, just search the forum. Reason ? Much better Audiotrak driver then crappy Via driver, and better sound without "clicking" in digital out (in my case). But only digital output is functional.
If you mean hw mod to enable 24/192 digital output, it was not yet realized, I presume. It is necessary to change optical transmitter to hispeed one, and for analog output, well, probably hardwire change of wolfson dac configuration will be necessary. And use of prodigy driver, of course.

I'm going to try this mod, but not now, no time :)

Aug 12, 2005 at 9:46 PM Post #8 of 8
For flashing, search forum or pm me. About the second mod, I can't recomend it to you if you do not exactky know what you are going to do and if you are not very experienced with soldering/desoldering.
Try the flash mod first and after I verify my theory of 24/192 mod I'll preprare some guide :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back