Anyone using an amp with their iAudio X5?
Jun 27, 2005 at 10:22 PM Post #16 of 24
Yeah baby!!... My X5L, 30GB is somewhere between Portland, OR and my hot little hands right now!! Direct from Cowon.......c'mon UPS, I don't know if I can wait until tomorrow.
Uncle B, did you get the remote with yours? I didn't yet and am wondering if I should.

Cheers....and ENJOY!!
Dean

Jun 27, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle b
Read my post above, I'm tellin' you, the Westone's are soundin' real good with neither of my amps even hooked up yet.

Uncle B, did you try to change out the hard drives from your H120?
PM me if you want to sell your RIP H120.

My H120 is still running well, but I have been thinking about the X5 as
a partner to rest my irreplaceable H120. I ordered a $209 Sony Vaio, but
cancelled the order cause I also like the X5. Still holding out.

Thanks!

Jun 28, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #18 of 24
Men, I haven't heard the sony vaio pocket, but if you have the money, but the x5! it's really an amazing thin, I just tested it with some hd-580 sennheisers--> it sounds really nice.
I didn't buy the sony nw-hd5 because this player has the drag and drop ability. I think it's much easier(did I spell that right?), I have a friend who uses sonicstage, and from his stories I can tell you it's a bitch. Apart from that, on the sony nw-hd5 the eq only works with the atracfiles and not with mp3files(don't know if it's the same on the vaio pocket?).
And, last but not least (what a cliche), the x5 is really small. Certainly when you compare it to a vaio pocket.
Before you make a decision, think very hard about what you need and what you want from the player and if it's worth the money.
mm, can't wait till I plug my alessandro's(which I will order tomorrow or the day after) ms-1's into my x5.

Jun 28, 2005 at 3:58 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caboose
Uncle B, did you get the remote with yours? I didn't yet and am wondering if I should.

I don't know, my early opinion is that the remote is a bit of a disappointment. I observed a noticeable drop in sound quality when plugging my UM2's into the remote (didn't use my amp(s) for fear of strangling myself with cords), there also were a bunch of squiggly noises in the background when the tunes were loading. All in all, a weird experience, and you know what, I probably won't use the damn remote that much anyway.

Jun 28, 2005 at 4:02 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by rbf1138
Well, bye bye Zen Micro for me. Main reason I bought it was cause I wanted to stick with Creative for their SQ, but if the X5 is that good, then I'll be amazed. Thanks for making me wish it was Wednesday even more.

The X5 has great sound quality, there almost is no comparison to the ZM (I've got a black one). I haven't even used any amp yet. Plus, the X5 is REAL LOUD.

Jun 28, 2005 at 10:01 AM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by uncle b
The X5 has great sound quality, there almost is no comparison to the ZM (I've got a black one). I haven't even used any amp yet. Plus, the X5 is REAL LOUD.

Yeah it is. I listen around 20 and it goes up to 40
eek.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 11:18 AM Post #22 of 24
Would be great to know the characteristics of the X5 sound as compared to the Ipod! We know that some people like the clean,flat sound of the ipod(on account that the EQ sucks!) so i was wondering how different the X5 is.....by the way, i would love to know about the EQ on the X5 too! Thanks!
280smile.gif

Jun 28, 2005 at 12:11 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruggerio79
Would be great to know the characteristics of the X5 sound as compared to the Ipod! We know that some people like the clean,flat sound of the ipod(on account that the EQ sucks!) so i was wondering how different the X5 is.....by the way, i would love to know about the EQ on the X5 too! Thanks!
280smile.gif

The X5 has great sound, it is very clean, as much as I've noticed so far. It was clean and flat and sounding good right out of the box, then I kinda had to adjust the bass boost a little bit, cuz my UM2's were boomin' a bit. There is much customization to be done with five pre-set EQ's and a user controlled EQ, and a few other 3D, Pan, and Bass boost effects. All in all, I've been very happy with the sound, so far as I've yet to hook up an amp to it.

Jun 28, 2005 at 11:21 PM Post #24 of 24
My X5 sounds as good as a Karma and plays louder than any other player I have owned.

I had 4 HD based players and the X5 is the one that goes out with me.
The X5 is more dynamic than the others. Just seems to have a bit more punch and life to the sound overall.

You cannot go wrong with the iAudio. And NO I do not work for iAudio.
280smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back