Anyone used the Mack Camera Extended Warranty for MP3 Players?
Jun 2, 2005 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Jeffreybar

100+ Head-Fier
Not sure where to put this question...it's a teency bit OT, but I think this is probably the best place, and I do think it may be relevant for others here. I spent like $40 on a Mack extended warranty for my iHP-140 when I purchased it about a year and a half ago (the mp3 player & warranty were purchased through compuplus, i believe, and the warranty is handled through mackcam.com).

The player had a hard drive failure in late march, and iRiver wouldn't work on it anymore since it was out of warranty. So, remembering that I had purchased one of these Mack extended warranties, I filled out the proper online forms for them, followed all the directions, and sent in the player. It took about a week for the player to enter their online tracking system, but it finally did, on April 15.

It has now been over two months since I sent the player in, and 7 weeks since the player entered their system. They have not updated its status at all, the player has not been returned to me, and I have not received any emails from them since the original "your equipment has entered our system and is being shipped to the manufacturer for repair" or whatever. I have called their toll-free number on at least 4 occasions over the weeks -- they *never* have live people to talk to, and they never return my calls when I leave detailed messages.

Back in the old days, I sent the iHP-140 in to iRiver once, and my old SlimX-350 twice, and both times, iRiver had sent me a new or repaired unit within a single week. Any thoughts on why it would take Mack so damn long to get a repair, sending the unit in to the same place? Has anyone had a similar experience with this sort of extended warranty, or with Mack in particular? Can anyone recommend an extended warranty which they've had *good* experiences with for my next mp3 player?

Thanks,
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back