Anyone used the k340 with a poweramp?
Nov 18, 2006 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Dorder

100+ Head-Fier
I'm planning to get a Jungson JA-99C poweramp, mainly for the k1000 and was wondering if it is worth it to recable my k340 to run them off that amp, too.
the amp puts out 80 Watt into 8 Ohm, which should translate into about 1,6 Watt for the 400 Ohm of the k340. given the rather low efficiency of the phones, i figure there should be enough volume range.
So, has anyone ever used the k340 off a poweramp, and how would you compare the results to the use of a dedicated headamp?

Nov 20, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 4
I'd like to know that too. I am getting a H340 w/ BlackGold cabling but a 1/4 terminus. Is there an adapter to allow the 340s to be hooked up without recabling? lol

There's a hifi shop here which wouyld let me try some old tube amps if I had an adapter.

Nov 21, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to know that too. I am getting a H340 w/ BlackGold cabling but a 1/4 terminus. Is there an adapter to allow the 340s to be hooked up without recabling? lol

There's a hifi shop here which wouyld let me try some old tube amps if I had an adapter.

assuming it's a single ended amp, you'd only need a 1/4" extension cord with four leads and cut off the plug to use the bare wire with the speaker amp.
but the original question remains open, in order to know if this is worth doing.

Nov 21, 2006 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm sure that Blue Jeans would make such an adaptor for not much money. If money is not much of an object, then I'm sure Ken at ALO would make you a very nice one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back