Anyone use URGE? If so, I have some questions
Jun 16, 2007 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Yesfan70

Head-Fier
I have a free trial at URGE and gave it a try. I will probably cancel when it is over, but I had some questions first. During the free trial, I can download any music on my HD and then sync those files to my ZVW.

I have a small amount of my CD collection ripped to WMA Lossless on a 160GB drive. I convert those files to WMA192 for playback on the Zen. URGE's downloads are also in WMA192 so here is what I was wanting to know:

1) Can I burn the downloaded files to a CD for back up?

2) If not #1, then what happens to the files already on my HD after the free trial and I choose to not to continue?

3) what about those files already on my ZVM? Will they become unplayable too even if I do not connect it to my PC?

4) I noticed that each track is priced around a $1 to download. Is there an unlimited download fee you could pay? I could have sworn I saw that on there.

The reason why I was asking was, since these files are in the same format as my ripped/converted CDs is to avoid any re-ripping/converting when I buy the CDs of the downloads I like. Ripping and syncing take no time on my PC, but it's the converting from lossless to WMA 192 that seems to take such a long time.

Jun 16, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #3 of 3
Glad you found your answers.

I've been using URGE for almost a year now, with no problems; good synergies with WMP11. An invaluable way for exploring new music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back