Anyone use UE's or Sensa's with an IHP-120/140?
Jul 7, 2004 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 8
I'm using UE10Pro with iHP140. Before I had the UE10Pro I was using ER4P/S and Shure E5, and I noticed the iHP didn't sound as good as my soundcard (RME HDSP9632). In fact, I used to say I didn't think the iHP140 sounded that great.

Now I have the UE10Pro, and I find that when I use them, the iHP sounds almost as good my soundcard.

In other words, I am very happy with UE10Pro with the iHP140.

Jul 7, 2004 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm not familiar with that sound card.....what is it? I guess I need to know since it's the crux of your comparison. You've tried your UE's on the soundcard also?

Thanks for the info
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 7, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
I'm not familiar with that sound card.....what is it? I guess I need to know since it's the crux of your comparison. You've tried your UE's on the soundcard also?

Thanks for the info
smily_headphones1.gif

Big D has a UE-10 and iHP140 and is very happy with the combination.

Jul 7, 2004 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 8
I used the Sensa's w/an IHP-140, and it sounded quite good. Only different I really noted was a bit of congestion and muddiness in the midrange compared to my normal setup of cd player -> Stereo Link DAC -> PPA amp at the office. And most of that was probably because the guy I was borrowing the IHP-140 had ripped his files at less that 256kb/s. The 2x-S has a combination of precise detail and dynamics, combined with a fairly easygoing musical overal presentation that makes it a great match with portables, far better than the Ety's or the Shures. The 2x-S' ability to give good detail and dynamics even from a portable headphone out means that you still get snap and sparkle in the music, and the 2x-s' non-analytical nature means that you can simply listen to enjoy the tunes and not be hit over the head with your players flaws, as a more analytical headphone is likely to do (thinking of the Ety's here). I've never heard the UE-10's, so can't comment on them....

Jul 7, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
You've tried your UE's on the soundcard also?

Yes, what I should have said is that the UEs sound great on the soundcard, but that the iHP sounds almost as great now
biggrin.gif
In other words, the UEs seem to be less fussy about their equipment that my previous headphones, especially the ER4P/S which were very fussy IMHO.

Jul 7, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #7 of 8
I've tried the 2X-S with the iHP-120 for a few hours and found ther sound quality to be pretty good. I experimented with both the head-out and line-out (to a SuperDual) and did find the line-out to be a tad cleaner. Of course, the Sensas are actually more forgiving than one would think for an IEM (or any can for that matter) that is as detailed in both the high and low end.

Jul 7, 2004 at 7:55 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by penbat
Big D has a UE-10 and iHP140 and is very happy with the combination.

I most certainly am happy with the combination. Much has been said about bitrate being important. I'd rate these as one of the most forgiving phones I've ever used. Originally my songs had been encoded at 256kbps but once I got the UE-10 Pro I did some blind listening tests using the iHP and I have re-encoded at 200kbps. There are a few songs (probably less than 50-100) that need higher bitrates, but as I find these I will re-encode them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back