Anyone use Nintendo DS?
Jul 26, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #16 of 26
I have done it a little using the ipod app and DS Organize. I replaced moonshell with DS Organized on my R4. It does most of the same stuff and has irc and a basic web browser I havent used. It can do low bitrate streaming too. It doesnt play video but I think thats pointless anyways.

Jul 27, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #17 of 26
Has anyone honestly listened to music through it?

I'm talking about the DS LITE with the latest SUPERCARD FIRMWARE.

It sounds so clean that it actually sounds as good if not better than my P2 without EQ.

So stop saying it hisses or distorts or whatever because it sounds so clean and perfect I forget I'm listening to a DS!

Jul 27, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #18 of 26
I do recommend to stay away from the R4/M3 area, the mechanics of the cart will eventually fail due to the microsd reader spring, and something with the pins not reaching the cart.
It's really annoying to find that perfect spot for my M3 to work

Unless they fixed that problem, go ahead. The CycloDS avoids this problem by not using a spring at all

Sep 1, 2008 at 4:36 AM Post #19 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Warhawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So stop saying it hisses or distorts or whatever because it sounds so clean and perfect I forget I'm listening to a DS!

really?

edit: i'm hearing assloads of hiss with a month old NDS lite and a new cyclods

Sep 3, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookygonk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I only play Animal Crossing: Wild World on mine. Keeps my stress levels down.

That game is such a cute overload. I adore it.

Sep 3, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #23 of 26
So, I switched from my meizu m6 to my DS and I really don't hear much notable difference in terms of noise floor and distortion. The DS running stock moonshell was pretty sucky, but once you get some apps that can run music better, it's a moot point.

Sep 3, 2008 at 6:28 PM Post #24 of 26
New Castlevania out next month. Hope it doesn't suck. This isnt off topic either, its a DS game and the series has good music.
smily_headphones1.gif
And I havent tried it lately but I might have said in my previous post that DSOrganize is a handy app with lots of features and supports most audio formats. Im not sure about ALAC though.

Sep 5, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #25 of 26
meh I wasn't too fond of DSorganize.

Footemps, what program you use with the DS lite that runs music better than moonshell? (I have an R4)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back