anyone use iPhone w/ portable amp + Ety-4s ?
Jul 6, 2007 at 4:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

varunku

New Head-Fier
Has anyone used a iPhone with portable amp and a Ety-4s ? I have a 3G ipod with this setup. Does a iphone have similar sound quality ?

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 7
The iPhone uses the same soundchip (Wolfson) as the iPod 5G. There shouldn't be much of a sound difference.

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #3 of 7
The one issue that I see with the iPhone is the headphone jack which is recessed into the phone so I don't think the Ety's will fit correctly. I have yet to confirm this though as I'm still waiting for my iPhone to ship.

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:48 AM Post #4 of 7
Yeah, it seems only headphones with very thin housing around the jack will actually fit. It wouldn't be too hard to find an adapter that would allow the use of any headphone, but it is another hassle.

Jul 6, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #5 of 7
Belkin makes an adapter for the iPhone so you can use any set of phones. As far as the amp as of yet there is no LOD that works with the iPhone so the amp is pretty much a non issue as you really don't want to amp the headphone output.

Jul 6, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #6 of 7
I have an iPhone and my Turbodock V line-out dock doesn't work with it. I have the actual dock it came with though, which includes a line-out. I'll test it out later for sure.

Jul 6, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for this info. iPhone uses Wolfson WM8758 audio codec chip, same as the one used in iPod video. So the sound quality should be similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back