Anyone try the new Bose Triport OE?
Oct 22, 2006 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

saturnine

Headphoneus Supremus
Oct 22, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #2 of 15
Are these more comfortable than the TriPort (It seems that it being circumaural might make it uncomfortable)?

Oh, and prepare for mindless BOSE bashing (kool bubba ice, where are you?).

Oct 22, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure
Are these more comfortable than the TriPort (It seems that it being circumaural might make it uncomfortable)?

i too would state the obvious, but i'll leave that for seasoned Bose bashers.

Oct 22, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 15
All Boss bashers can kiss my tuchus
biggrin.gif

Why dont you buy them and tell us how they are? Since you work for GS, you can return them easily, cant u?
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 22, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 15
I went to the "Bose store" and tried all of them.. Triport, QC2, QC3, OE. The QC2 to my ears sound better than the QC3 and the Triport, and the OE is not noticeably any better than the triport --- but not noticeably worse either. It's a bit hard to tell because when I play the demo track, the booth also automatically plays some background environment noise to demonstrate Bose's noise-cancelling technology.

Comfort-wise, QC2 > Triport > QC3 > OE, to my ears anyway.

Nov 8, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #7 of 15
Well, I finally got a chance to demo a pair. They sound almost exactly like the regular Triport, but are a whole lot smaller. They also seem to isolate a bit better. The price for the sound & build quality is absurd, exactly what one would expect from Bose, but I'm still going to grab a pair
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
Well, I finally got a chance to demo a pair. They sound almost exactly like the regular Triport, but are a whole lot smaller. They also seem to isolate a bit better. The price for the sound & build quality is absurd, exactly what one would expect from Bose, but I'm still going to grab a pair
smily_headphones1.gif

I demo'd the OE a second time, and thought it sounded worse than the Triport. It sounded more murky. It's also missing the hollowy, tunnel-like effect of the triport, which I like.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2006 at 2:25 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azure

BOSE deserves negative feedback for their business practices & their price to performance ratio. ppl who defend BOSE see it as bashing as they get defensive & resort to name calling. That being said.. The orignal triport is the most comfortable can I ever tried. I tried it at Best Buy where I work.. Still, the build quality is repulsive for the price..

Nov 8, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdFireArow
*insert Bose bashing here*

Seriously if the discount is REALLY good there is no reason not to go for it.

I've heard them personally, and very recently. They still don't sound as good as the KSC75. Until then, the discount would have to be insanely, insanely good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saturnine
smily_headphones1.gif

I hope you're not serious. The K81DJ can be had for a third of THAT price, and sound a universe better.

Nov 8, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
I hope you're not serious. The K81DJ can be had for a third of THAT price, and sound a universe better.

Seriously serious
smily_headphones1.gif
Like I said, I get a good discount. Plus, they are comfy, and I do plan to grab a pair of K81DJ's soon.

Nov 13, 2006 at 11:57 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by atx
I demo'd the OE a second time, and thought it sounded worse than the Triport. It sounded more murky. It's also missing the hollowy, tunnel-like effect of the triport, which I like.
smily_headphones1.gif

You my man are correct, the OE does indeed sound worse than the Triport AE. If you don't believe in the word veil when used in describing a headphone, the OE will change your mind.

Here is a couple pics of mine:

boze1hm8.jpg

boze2qp0.jpg

I might post a review in the next few weeks, once they burn in and my Triport AE's come back from warranty service.

Nov 14, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #14 of 15
I was very pleased with them when I tried them out, they were extremely comfy and I thought Bose has come out with a new street headphone for 50 bucks. Then I saw the 180$ price tag and really had to double check and triple check to believe my eyes.
blink.gif
What the hell are they thinking anyway?

Nov 14, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #15 of 15
They look pretty nice IMO. If I had more cash to throw around, I'd probably get a pair. Of Bose's offerings atm, I'm more interested in the Triport IEs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back