Anyone try running fullsize cans through T4?
Jan 15, 2010 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

irjoe

100+ Head-Fier
I know, I know

A lot of people here would probably scoff at the idea of running full size cans through an ultra portable amp that was specifically created in use w/ IEM's, but I just had to ask.

And yes, I also know that there is a portable amp section, but I thought I'd try the opinions of those who dwell here.

What I would like to know is, if anyone has tried running the Ibasso T4 with some fullsize cans (anything ranging from grado 60's to Beyer Dt 880's...which I am considering ATM) and had some opinions to share.

Would it be worth it to carry around just the Ipod+T3 and listen to the Dt880's in the library, or should i just stick to my IEM's?

Jan 15, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #2 of 4
slight bumpity-bump.

Even if you haven't used the T4 specifically, how do other IEM focused amps do in running fullsize amps?
I don't expect them to correctly and respectfully drive full cans, but would switching from IEM's to cans for the sake of portability make it worth it?

Jan 15, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #3 of 4
Back when I first got the K701 and only had the T4 (the EF1 was on the way at the time), so I had no choice but to run it off High gain+Bass boost on the T4 at the time. It actually had decent synergy as far as the overall sound was concerned, as the T4 is a bit warm and mated with the cold nature of the K701's well. But compared to the fullsize amps that I have now, the soundstage and the level of detail was pretty much non-existent.

Jan 15, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 4
Depends on the cans, really. Works fine with some of my more efficient cans (e.g. M-Audio Q40, JVC HA-DX1) but not with the monstrously inefficient K601 or HA-DX3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back