Anyone try Comply tips with Soul SL99?
Feb 12, 2016 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

slefty

100+ Head-Fier
I know, the Soul by Ludicris SL99 IEMs are just not very good. I received these for free in a press kit at CES a few years ago when they were first released. I am simply trying to see if I can make them usable for when I'm at the gym working out. Other than overall poor sound quality (I actually prefer some Panasonic RP-HJE120-K I bought in an emergency for about $6), the cable is too stiff and the supplied silicon tips neither seal well nor have sufficient grip to keep from constantly being pulled out. I gave them to my wife to use at work editing videos, and she gave them back. She also prefers the comfort and SQ of her cheap Panasonics. My son received a set at the same time and he gave them to his college roommate, as he much preferred his Sennheisser HD-201 headphones.

Not expecting anything great from them, just looking to get some use out of them. Has anyone tried Comply tips with a set of these? I was thinking of trying either the Sport 400 or the Isolation 400. Is the grip strong enough to keep them in place, and is the isolation enough to keep out the sound of an active gym? I've always been an over-ear closed back headphone guy, so haven't tried a lot with IEMs up to now. I just don't want to wear my DT770 Pro headphones to the gym.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back