Anyone try bowl pads with sr60?
Dec 10, 2005 at 4:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

mattg3

500+ Head-Fier
Having just bought the Sr60 (which are now burning in so i havent used them much I can say i am very happy with my first impression but im curious.I have read of many swapping out the bowl covers of sr80 for sr60 comfy pads but little on people doing the opposite.Would it give more bass yet prove to be an uncomfortable option for those used to comfy pads.
Is it also possible to wash and condition the comfy pads the way people do with the bowl pads for an even more comfortable fit or is that overkill?

Dec 10, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #2 of 12
Bowls rob the bass; if you reverse them it's better. Just try it out and see what you like best. I can't give you a "yes" or "no" type of answer as far as comfort goes since everyone is different.

Dec 10, 2005 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattg3
Having just bought the Sr60 (which are now burning in so i havent used them much I can say i am very happy with my first impression but im curious.I have read of many swapping out the bowl covers of sr80 for sr60 comfy pads but little on people doing the opposite.Would it give more bass yet prove to be an uncomfortable option for those used to comfy pads.
Is it also possible to wash and condition the comfy pads the way people do with the bowl pads for an even more comfortable fit or is that overkill?

I really disliked the comfies...theye were never an option for me.
Whether or not the bowls will work for you is really a personal decision. However, if I remember correctly, the 60's are bright with decent bass.
I dont like bright headphones too close to me ears, even at the cost of some bass.
The sennheiser 414 mod might be a good decision for you-and at only a $7 pice (that includes shipping).
Try out different pads and let your ears give you the correct answer.

Dec 10, 2005 at 7:01 PM Post #4 of 12
Hey if anyone has some brand new, or practically new comfies, I will trade them for the brand new bowls I have (came with my HF-1's), never seen contact with my ear (immediately put on my flats).

Dec 10, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
Hey if anyone has some brand new, or practically new comfies, I will trade them for the brand new bowls I have (came with my HF-1's), never seen contact with my ear (immediately put on my flats).

i have a set of quarter modded comfies that are in good shape

Dec 11, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #11 of 12
I ordered 2 pairs of HD414 pads from Sennheiser two weeks ago for my SR80s, and got an email from them a few days later telling me they were backordered and would ship the week of December 20 - looks like they're a hot item
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back