Anyone Tried this......thoughts, opinions.....is it worth a shot?
Jun 11, 2011 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rsgladwin85

100+ Head-Fier
So I will be returning home from Afghanistan soon, and I've got the DIY bug.  I am starting a few different projects, and one of them I want to tackle is custom cables.  I plan on fully making one of my own, but also I've had this thought cross my mind and wondered if anyone has done it, and what peoples thoughts are about it and if it's worth giving a shot. 

I am considering purchasing http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10244&cs_id=1024406&p_id=4796&seq=1&format=2  .  This I would cut in half.  I would then have two already terminated cables and would then only have to solder the wires into the cups.  I have contacted them and asked how many conductors the cable is.  At the price per foot, and considering I could effectively make two cables out of one, I doubt it could be worse than most stock headphone cables, but then again this would be my first attempt.

So what are your thoughts?  Any suggestions?  Am I a complete moron for even thinking this?  Thanks in advance.

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 3
Hi. I started DIY by buying some wire and a cheap cable and pulling it apart to see how it worked and using it to practice on. You will get better responses in the DIY section of the forum. You are not mad, making cables is fun!

Jun 11, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #3 of 3

Quote:
Hi. I started DIY by buying some wire and a cheap cable and pulling it apart to see how it worked and using it to practice on. You will get better responses in the DIY section of the forum. You are not mad, making cables is fun!

Thanks for the response.  On that note, is there a moderator that would be so kind as to relocate my thread to the DIY section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back