anyone tried this one: creative zen X-Fi style
Dec 10, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #17 of 23

As I've told you before in another forum (as The DarkSide,...maybe even here, I don't really care to remember), try another brand BESIDES Creative and then give an opinion of the SQ. You've stayed with the one brand, so you have no idea if it sounds good or bad in comparison to anything else. Experience something different, then get back to us.
Quote:
Gee Nytwytboy, did your shorts get twisted. Creatives sound fine. Can't speak for the Xfi stuff but my Zen combined with either my Grado SR60i or Portapros sounds great.

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #19 of 23

Sorry, but I'm only stating the facts. I hope I didn't offend you. 
tongue.gif

Quote:

Dec 11, 2010 at 3:26 AM Post #20 of 23
Hi, I've owned D2, Nano3, IPC6, ZVM, Zen, x-fi1, x-fi2, sony A844;  and also some ancient hdd players from Creative and Iriver. To me, the D2 and Nano3 are the worst; and the Ipod classic, ZVM, Zen, X-fi12 , sony 844 are at the same level; those very old HDD players are way better.
No offend, just there's no accounting for taste, right?

Dec 11, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #21 of 23
Yeah Nytwytboy, I've only had one brand. Just one that I bothered buying. Sony S that I tried for a day hissed, Ipod just seemed overpriced and tinny. Clips are nice, might get one. Anyway you like stuff like Cowons which have a lot of things to tweak. Any more I just want to listen to the tunes and don't need to play with a bunch of enhancements. They're fun to show off, but once I'm rocking out, they just don't matter.

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #22 of 23
Creative are junk these days. End of.

Dec 13, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #23 of 23
Ah! The old argument from ABi continues here. Nice!  
biggrin.gif

I wonder if anyone has tried the Zen Touch 2. I love my old Zen Touch. Even bought a wired FM remote from Ebay. It has got a very nice and clear SQ.
My ZVM has got a pretty good SQ. Not as nice as the Zen Touch, but perfectly okay. My wife's Zen (the successor of ZVM) sounds almost EXACTLY the same as the ZVM. Both my ZVM and my wife's Zen have got Fiio E5 headphone amps. They improve the sound a bit, adding some needed weight to the lower end.

I do prefer other brands nowadays, but I still do not want to write Creative products off as DOA...

That Creative players have become worse soundwise compared to their older players seems to be a fact. At least to my ears. However, I have not heard anything released after the Zen, so I can only compare the 3 Creative players I have access to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back